Author Topic: sad post  (Read 2865 times)

Kerry

• Hectare
sad post
« on: July 22, 2004, 13:45:40 »
feel very daft writing this, but I wanted to share...my cat Rondo died last night, he was 16. had him since I was 10, he was a rescue cat, such a tiny kitten when we got him at 6 weeks. I'm glad he went in his own way and peacefully instead of being put down and that he is peaceful now, he had had health problems throughout his life but as the vet said 'a little toughie'. am devastated that he is gone though, we are going to bury him this afternoon in his favourite spot. have picked all my best flowers for him. sorry to be such a sad post.

CotswoldLass

• Hectare
  • I love gardening!
Re:sad post
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004, 15:21:37 »
Dear Kerry, thinking of you. It's natural to feel so sad, and your plans are a lovely farewell. Love CLx

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2004, 15:30:13 »
Kerry I'm sorry to hear your sad news. It sounds like Rondo was very lucky to have found you so early in his life. When my childhood pet (a golden retriever called Cleo) passed away a few years ago I planted a pear tree in my garden to remember her by. When Cleo died she was still living with my parents in South Africa so I could not be with her to say goodbye. I feel very happy now having something to remind me of her. Each year when the tree blossoms, fruits and grows I feel like something positive is left in her memory.
Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart - Russell Page

http://www.news2share.co.uk

Ozzy aka Pothead

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2004, 15:54:35 »
Yo Kerry

It's kind of you to share this sad time.. is only through sadness can we truly know Joy.. and I feel so much empathy for you and have found a little piece on the internet... its a cut and paste so dont you go thinking Ive gone and gotten meself all grammafied up like....  anyways here it is....

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to some-
one here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows
and hills for all our special friends so they can run and
play together. There is plenty of food, water, and sunshine
and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who have been ill and old are restored to health
and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; his eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly, he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend
finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to
be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your
hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more
into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your
life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together...
-- Anon. --

hopes this helps

Oz

X
« Last Edit: July 22, 2004, 16:06:31 by Ozzy aka Pothead »

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2004, 22:15:54 »
Not daft at all Kerry.  Thinking of you.

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2004, 09:59:42 »
big cyber hugs Kerry. That is so sad.
gone to pot :D

Plocket

• Hectare
  • Clematis Crystal Fountain
    • Plocket's Clematis Site
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2004, 15:44:04 »
Oh what sad news. Rondo had a long and happy life with you and it must be a little bit of a comfort to you that he died peacefully when he was ready. I am sure you have a lot of happy memories to remember him by.

Love and hugs, Plocket x
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2004, 15:47:26 »
Kerry, Very Sad to hear about the loss of your much loved cat. He lived a long and happy life by the sounds of it. Hope you can take comfort from the happy memories you must have of him.   :( busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

Kerry

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2004, 12:41:33 »
just wanted to say thankyou all so much for your messages, and for Oz, taking the time to find that poem, when we buried him on Thursday I was thinking of him meeting his 'sister' who we lost 4 years previously.
I'm still finding it very difficult, so will leave this short, but your posts have meant a lot.

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2004, 19:27:04 »
Would like to add my condolences to you Kerry on the loss of Rondo.  He must have been very well cared for to have lived to such a ripe old age.  I think we all know how heartbreaking it is to lose a pet, but as Busy Lizzie says, just think of all the lovely times you have shared.

Pat
Happy gardening all...........Pat

TrailRat

• Half Acre
  • I like the feel of dirt in my teeth
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2004, 22:13:43 »
My condolences go to you Kerry. Have lost a many a pet being rodent breeder. Even though they have short life they still touch a nerve.
Glad to hear yours lead a long and happy life.

TrailRat
If it weren't for beer and sex than cycling would be the best thing in the world.

Colin_Bellamy-Wood

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2004, 19:08:17 »
Hi Ozzy - thank for RAINBOW BRIDGE - it brought tears to my eyes.   I really do believe that each of us will be re-united with our beloved pets, if we want to be, when it is our time to go to RAINBOW BRIDGE.  

I've just read it to my wife, and we are both sobbing !!!   Oh! heck.

Every best wish, Colin.

Toots

• Quarter Acre
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2004, 21:46:41 »
Hi Kerry,

My very best wishes to you.I know what it is to lose a loved pet,and we have always had cats around as part of the family.You have given your pet a happy loving home and life and there is no finer thing.

toots

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal