Author Topic: Chilli Plants  (Read 3549 times)

Sheffield Chillies

• Not So New ...
Re: Chilli Plants
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2008, 20:36:04 »
Fair Cop all, Sorry. i've had my wrists slapped by the Moderator.
 ;D

Sheffield Chillies

• Not So New ...
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2008, 20:38:32 »
P.S I'VE NOTICED MY ADVERT IN THE GOOGLE ADS AT THE TOP.
 ;D
I'LL NOT DO IT AGAIN.

Plot69

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2008, 21:12:19 »
P.S I'VE NOTICED MY ADVERT IN THE GOOGLE ADS AT THE TOP.

That's because this thread is about chilies. Got to an onion thread and all the ads will be about onions. A potatoe thread,  potatoes.

In the sweetcorn thread someone mentions  protecting them with netting... A google ad for scaffold netting. Clever the way google does that isn't it?

I doubt many people would have notice that though, they tend  read the posts and not look at the adverts.

Tony.

Sow it, grow it, eat it.

Sheffield Chillies

• Not So New ...
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2008, 10:14:03 »
Ah I see!!!!
That google's to clever for its own good.
It reminds me of that classic film "Teminator" where a computer gets so clever it takes over the WORLD!!!!! ;D

Do people really advertise potatoes? In all my years as a Chef I've never seen a potato Adverts, Chips and thier variants but never a good old sack 'o' Spuds. :o
"Don't be a puff, eat Maris Piper" type of thing.

djbrenton

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2008, 10:53:11 »
I remember at one time the British Potato Council (or whatever it might have been called) had TV ads for the humble potato.

Sheffield Chillies

• Not So New ...
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2008, 16:53:23 »
They hardly need to be advertised, they're with every meal anyway.
A Hash Brown even found it's way onto my Full English Breakfast the other day!
Not sight nor sound of any Black Pudding though.
Was this when Rice was first imported from the east  and the Government thought we may all give up on Spuds, after all how could a Billion Chinese people be wrong.  ;D
I've seen them on M&S adds but they're not just normal potatoes, they're Gold plated, de-caffinated, almost fat free potatoes ;)

bupster

• Hectare
    • Plot Holes
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2008, 16:55:59 »
Were they gold plated hand picked potatoes? Those ads drive me mad, I invariably end up shouting "what do you think, they pick the normal ones with their feet?" at the telly. The neighbours give me odd looks.
For myself I am an optimist - it does not seem to be much use being anything else.

http://www.plotholes.blogspot.com

Sheffield Chillies

• Not So New ...
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2008, 17:17:17 »
my neighbours look at me funny too though alas not for that reason.
i put a Billboard no the side of thier house saying "sheffield chillies, Get em' ere!" :)

Sheffield Chillies

• Not So New ...
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2008, 17:08:03 »
Thanks for the advice about my site that shall'nt be named.
I got an email giving me some good thinking.
I've since made several to changes making it a lot less colour and therefore making my produce the thing one looks at during a visit there.
Again thanks for the advice fellow A4Aer!

chinchinmix

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2008, 22:45:16 »
Hello. We were absolutely delighted when we spotted packs of Dorset Naga Chillies on Tesco shelves the other day.

However something is terribly wrong. They just don't have any heat! My husband and I love hot chillies and grow our own chillies in the greenhouse each year. It is always a challenge to grow really nice hot ones and we've so been looking forward to cooking with (and munching on) Dorset Nagas. We can't seem to manage to grow that variety.

The packet of Dorset Naga we have just used really doesn't have any heat (nor at the moment do Tesco's Scotch Bonnet chillies). In fact to be honest the little green birdseyes have more heat than the Nagas they are selling. I just don't understand how they can sell chillies under the name of Dorset Nagas when they are clearly not very hot.

What do you think is going on? Are others finding them rather lame or is it just me?

Yvonne

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal