Author Topic: Strange happenings in the flower border  (Read 1289 times)

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
Strange happenings in the flower border
« on: April 09, 2008, 16:19:30 »
Despite the recent inclement weather, things are well ahead in my garden.  Today I found Honesty and Dicentra Spectabilis Alba in flower, a good month or so ahead of time.  I also spotted that the Tweedia caerulea which ACE sent me last year, and which is supposed to be tender, is in leaf bud again and an number of my Alliums have flower buds.  Fuchsia Lottie Hobbie continues to bloom - it's done so since I bought it last summer - and so do the Pelargoniums.  Meanwhile most of my Narcissus and Summer Snowflakes have finished!

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: Strange happenings in the flower border
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 16:23:01 »
our dicentra is flowering as well, georgie..amazed  ;D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 20:05:09 »
Georgie I was carrying out repairs to fence today, was carefully stepping between plants and I noticed my Alliums (that you sent me) have got flower buds. Very pleasing.

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 20:40:43 »
Good to hear that your Alliums have survived, Lorna.  Once you've got the fence fixed you'll have to post a photo.   ;D

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal