Author Topic: ive been a busy boy  (Read 1243 times)

Thegoodlife

• Half Acre
ive been a busy boy
« on: April 12, 2008, 20:32:37 »
Today ive been busy.

dibbed out ,4 rows cabbage ,8 rows brussles,1 row red cabbage & 3 rows caulis. planted main crop spuds 6 rows (nice big camps).

got my sweetcorn bed ready & dug out for my marrow bed going to fill it in with the grass cuttings i had deliverd from our local council today the cost a couple of cans of fozzies  :P.

Also been a bad boy :-[ drove by a building site this morning spotted in the hedgerow near the site a 50mtr x 2mtr roll of green netting the stuff they use for debries from scaffolding & it kind of jumped out at me so to save it from injury it ended up in my car :o & its now making very very good protection for all my brassicas ;D so whoops is all i can say.

3 rows carrots, last 2 rows of parsnips now have 5 rows in total & my early sowings of these are up and away.

turnip not swede. broad beans, beetroot will plant more in 2 weeks & the same with the carrots. spinach (watch out pop eye ;D).

planting the salads next weekend i think already have some growing in my diy poly tunnel, had a cheeky nap in there this afternoon was like being on holiday 25c ;D 8).
And to top it all off i have another mole!! or the one i killed last time has come back from the dead??

who needs the marathon i feel like ive ran 50 miles!!.
if any one wishes to come and take a look at my diy poly tunnel they are more than welcome just let me know.
today i will be growin veg!!

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
Re: ive been a busy boy
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 20:46:50 »
wow you have been busy ;)

RosieMcPosie

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 20:55:55 »
wow you have been busy! sound likes you've had a good time though so good for you :)

today my mother and i sorted our our storage areas, folded up our tarpaulins, moved our wood, sorted out the greenhouse and coldframe, sowed 3 varieties of peas, spinach and swiss chard, and harvested my PSB (FINALLY!!) it was delish though!! mmmmm
proud owner of a lottie since August 2007!

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 22:10:12 »
You ache....but feel good :D :D

You can go to bed happy tonight ;) A great day's work TGL
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 01:31:35 »
That was a very good day's work, but the best part must have been napping in the tunnel :D
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal