Author Topic: cauliflowers will not grow  (Read 1134 times)

compo49

• Half Acre
cauliflowers will not grow
« on: April 02, 2008, 00:09:35 »
I tried to grow cauliflowers last year for the first time but not with much much success, they were growing OK and started to produce heads but then they blew/ went to seed? I put winter ones in (not in the same area) last Sept/Oct they have grown over winter OK but I'm still waiting for heads to come and we are into April? anybody any ideas to the problem/s. am growing all year round from seed this time have started some off in modules to to get a early start. all help welcome compo. :-\

morton

• Half Acre
Re: cauliflowers will not grow
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 07:38:39 »
Have patience they will flower when they and ready and the conditions are right. Generally caulieflowers don't like root disturbance so take care when you plant the new seedlings out.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 13:38:04 »
Caulis need firm ground as most of other brassica family. Have you given them winter feed as wet season will flush off lots of nutrient resulting the lack of energy for flowering.

davyw1

• Hectare
  • I love My Country
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 14:48:56 »
I just checked my winter cauli,s this morning and the heads are starting to form they are about 3"s across so they should be ready by the end of the month. Don't be to quick and think they wont develop as you will be surprised just how quick they will come.
When you wake up on a morning say "good morning world" and be grateful

DAVY

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal