Author Topic: What a day  (Read 2156 times)

Val

• Hectare
  • I hate those mieces to pieces
    • Wrinkles
What a day
« on: July 18, 2004, 11:14:33 »
My poor dog must've had the day from hell yesterday. All afternoon she sat in the corner shivering as the storms banged and crashed their way around. Just as she was beginning to relax, the fireworks started, we had a regatta going on near us. Even the rescue remedy I normally give her didn't work.What a to do poor thing. :'(
"I always wanted to be somebody…but I should have been more specific."

feet of clay

• Half Acre
  • I love Allotments4All
Re:What a day
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2004, 16:25:23 »
One of our (rescue) dogs doesn't do rain.  Even light drizzly stuff - he even seems to know when rain is due.  Heavy rain, thunder and lightning are an absolute nightmare - he is a dithering wreck.  Each year, he adds to his list of phobias - naturally, the clay shooting club upsets him and wind is now on his list.  Ironically, he has been mountain climbing in the heaviest rain - poor little guy was soaked right through to his 'Damart' undies - and seems OK when he's actually out in the rain. He really is a Drama Queen. He also has a list of banned food - chocolate isn't on it. (I do know it's not good for dogs and I like it too much to share.)

Val

• Hectare
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2004, 17:26:55 »
Hi Feets, yes Chip seems to get worse the older she gets, although I must admit she wouldn't even go out the door when we first had her if it looked like rain, now she'll go...but only if we take the car. :) Banned food? crikey she'd phone up the RSPCA herself if we banned any.The only thing she doesn't eat are cockles, even then she tries but has to spit them out eventually.We had the workmen in a few years ago and who should I see troting down the garden with a bag of sandwiches, little miss butter wouldn't stay long enough to melt. Then gave the big eyes...no not me.

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2004, 09:23:32 »
Took me a while to work out what thingyles were! I presume they come in a shell and live in the sea?! ;D
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

Val

• Hectare
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2004, 10:36:20 »
 :DIt took me a while an' all. I think I meant cockles but how did I get thingy whatsits from cockles? strange things are afoot. ???

Val

• Hectare
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2004, 10:39:11 »
 ??? Now I know I didn't type thingy things that time , well sea fish, in the same sort of thing as muscles and prawns etc, like you said, but it won't let me show it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal