Author Topic: Another TV programme  (Read 2816 times)

gavin

• Hectare
  • Good gardening!
    • Growing Vegetables on an Allotment in Leeds
Another TV programme
« on: July 16, 2004, 22:29:59 »
From another board -
Hi,

I am currently developing ideas for a new TV series for Mandrill Television. I would like to speak to people with allotments to help me with my research. I would particularly like to hear from people with unusual projects coming up, be it anything from competitions or special group projects to becoming self-sufficient.

If this sounds like you then please give me a ring on 01904 788700 or email me on emma.hayes@mandrill-television.com

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Emma Hayes
Mandrill Television

All best - Gavin

CotswoldLass

• Hectare
  • I love gardening!
Re:Another TV programme
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2004, 23:06:55 »
Not another one!!

1) To me, gardening is for the garden, plus friends and chats.
2) TV is for occasional eves in front of (less thqan ever now as there is nothing on
3)save me from researchers! I've worked in Telly!

So you can see why I defected from the Beeb site...albeit after wiser people had clicked on here first.

CLx ::)

gavin

• Hectare
  • Good gardening!
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2004, 09:15:21 »
:) :) :)  The single best bit of once owning a TV?  The sheer satisfaction of throwing it from a height into a skip - wonderful sound!  wonderful sight!  :) :) :)

Multiveg

• Hectare
  • Oops, been gone a while, but still allotmenting.
    • Forum
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2004, 20:40:12 »
Now - if that had been a radio programme..... eg little section on GQT....
Allotment Blog - http://multiveg.wordpress.com/
Musings of a letter writer, stamp user and occasional Postcrosser - http://correspondencefan.blogspot.co.uk/

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2004, 21:14:58 »
Don't shoot me down on this as I know nothing about TV programmes and what's involved but could this not be used to someone's advantage. Do they pay for your part in this. I'm only thinking that some people have raised issues about their allotment sites being vulnerable due to lack of interest, perhaps a programme on TV could drum up some interest and uptake on allotments? Perhaps I'm wrong?  :-\
Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart - Russell Page

http://www.news2share.co.uk

CotswoldLass

• Hectare
  • I love gardening!
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2004, 22:21:19 »
Can see where you're coming from Jess....this company is Yorks based...maybe they're on to something positive and it would be worth a look...but contributors NEVER get paid!!

gavin

• Hectare
  • Good gardening!
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2004, 11:20:42 »
Confirmation - contributors do NOT get paid.  :(

And another bit to consider - it is [deletive expleted] hard work!  :o :o :o  Two days of being "possessed" and bossed around for a five minute slot - we enjoyed the experience, but it is worth finding out what's involved.

http://www.channel4.com/learning/main/netnotes/programid1949.htm :-[

All best - Gavin

teresa

• Hectare
  • Happy gardening
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2004, 22:49:54 »
Oh lord if you tell people of vandles (children) then the cabbage whites and pidgons with us we have peadocks ( think about that one) and yes they eat things as well.
Then a lot of lotties are male orientated I am classed as the lady gardener dont know weather to be pleased or sad by that.
To arriving at lottie one day to find 5 men discussing my plot. So as drove the car in they slunk off not even hello or how are you.
No my plot only had a few sweet peas growing all the rest vedge growing nicely.
I wont bore you with the one of being accused of useing to much water so I took my own water down each day.
The above would put people off getting a lottie.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal