Author Topic: The evil weed has been defeated!  (Read 3760 times)

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
The evil weed has been defeated!
« on: March 18, 2008, 21:23:04 »
Well having had hypnotherapy today, I'm proud to announce that I am a non-smoker.  Even the cravings are next to nothing compared to how they are usually.  I haven't murdered anyone/thing which is a minor miracle, and I'm looking forward to being totally smoke free for the rest of my life and to taking part in the Race for Life, my first run since leaving school.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
What I lack in ability and experience, I make up for in sheer enthusiasm!!!

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: The evil weed has been defeated!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 21:46:25 »
brilliant, posie, good for you  ;D

Gazfoz

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 22:00:58 »
I stopped smoking about four years ago after a twenty odd year habit and can say that I now look at people who smoke now and just feel so sad that they want to kill themselves.
My Sister in Law just died in terrible pain of lung cancer aged 41, three boys.
Don't give in, I went cold turkey and it was a very bumpy ride but I really am free now and there will be a time when you really will not want another cigarette ever.
When you really "need" a cig just resist and you will find that in five minutes or so you will be thinking of something else and wonder why you nearly had one.

Gary.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 22:05:44 »
Posie, you are a very very clever girl, it is a very difficult thing to do and you deserve to be super proud of yourself.I have the highest respect for someone who manages to quit smoking and you have got it gal!!

Well done, remind yourself how clever you are everyday

Gazfoz, all the above goes equally for you, well done to  both of you.

Love XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

littlebabybird

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 23:06:05 »
Posie, well done.   you know i gave up 19 days ago,
if i can do it you can do it. I'm so proud of you

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 07:32:09 »
Thanks very much everyone.  This is the first time I really feel like I've done it.  The hypnotherapy really was a last resort having tried absolutely everything else and boy am I glad I did it. I've got a follow up session now on Thurs and that'll be it.  Best £100 I've ever spent.  And to treat myself, I'm going to buy a wormery next week instead of trying to make one out of bits!   ;D

gunnerbee

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 16:41:14 »
keep up the good work, im six weeks friday, it gets easier, although i wouldnt trust myself to come off the nicorette gum quite yet! im staying on it as long as im allowed and not drinking alcholol as thats started me off smoking again before.

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 21:22:34 »
It now appears I'm addicted to Polo's!!  Past three hours have been horrendous for some reason, but I haven't caved, I've just asked everyone to leave me alone and shut myself in the bathroom for the duration.  I now look like a prune!  Follow up session tomorrow night, so hopefully that will seal it.  :)

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2008, 21:31:46 »
Don't cave, Posie- you  can do it!!!

Pita

• Not So New ...
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2008, 21:52:45 »
Well done!  You won't regret it, and I can promise that the cravings do get less and less.
I gave up a 40 a day habit 4years ago and had never looked back.

Keep up the good work and keep busy.

:D

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2008, 07:28:58 »
Posie, for some reason I thought I was going to be reading about mare's tail on this thead roflmao

Well done mate !  My OH wants to try the hypnotherapy route but he's just not ready yet.  I'll see how I go on the patches first but am currently nearly a tenner better off and feeling all clever !  OK I've got some sniffles this morning and drinking tea like it's going out of fashion, but am into day 2 without facing a 20 year stretch!

I left the patch off last night as I woke up at 2.30am yesterday which I could do without and this morning I was back to normal - 5.45am !  Heart is banging away though atm and am just about to get out the knitting !  lol

Have another strong day posie and everyone else that's taken up the challenge !

;D
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2008, 08:13:12 »
Get some patches. It is not giving in. But they really do help.

I could not have done it without them, 50 year habit, 40 to 50 a day, gaulious in the end as I could not get a hit from anything less. Started new years day, and packed up the patches last weekend. I still have the worry beads though.

My present mouth problems were caused by smoking, I did not know that when I gave up. If the dentist had not spotted it and because the nhs were quick off the mark. I have been saved some severe disfigurment. Although you would not even want the discomfort I have at this time. Think of your looks and stick with it.

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2008, 08:33:36 »
Well good luck to everyone trying to kick it.  I had my top up hypnotherapy last night and that's made it a lot easier.  I'm still getting a physical withdrawal, hot flushes and feeling v spaced out but it's manageable and I also have a cd that I can listen to whenever I need a top up.  So far I've saved.....wait for it......£20.40 in just 3 days, how on earth did I ever justify it?! Keep up the good work everyone!  It's been 20 years for me and I can't believe how much time and money I've wasted, I've never had a holiday, I'm permanently skint and all for inhaling poison - how mad is that?!

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2008, 08:46:49 »
I thought the spaced out bit was just me being me !   ;D

Just finished a baby jumper front, just about to start the sleeves !  Have been able to look my kid and OH's packets in the face and then put the out of sight without even wanting to have a sniff.  Bloody starving though, wish they'd all get up so we can have breakfast ! 

;D
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2008, 20:05:58 »
7 days today!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2008, 20:08:26 »
Good girl, keep going sweetie, we are still all there behind you,hugs floating through the air...catch'em

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2008, 20:11:57 »
Consider them caught! Have now had to switch to sugar free polo's due to me eating 4 packets a day at the minute - at this rate I'll be having hypnotherapy to get rid of that addiction too!! rofl  :D :D :D

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2008, 20:16:08 »
Try chewing gum whan you can, sorta  makes a difference,,bubbly too blowing bubbles !!

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2008, 20:34:02 »
I found some lollipops, sugar free made by chupa chups..they're for ex smokers and contain lemon balm..I use them when I want chocolate  ;D

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2008, 21:01:00 »
Well done to all ex smokers OH gave up his 40 a day habit when he had a slight stroke 20years ago1 I used to smoke but was never addicted, eating too much is my vice! have all you new giveruppers noticed how smokers stink?
bet you didn,t realise till now, don,t want to smell like that again do you?
sorry heavy smokers but you do.
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal