Author Topic: £600,000 p/a?  (Read 3616 times)

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
£600,000 p/a?
« on: March 18, 2008, 18:36:36 »
'Income needs' - for mother & daughter? - schooling paid for. Plus a £2m house.

We're living in a different timewarp??

Different to operational on 10/- a day??

DenBee

• Acre
Re: £600,000 p/a?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 19:04:30 »
You know what F Scott Fitzgerald said, the rich are different from you and me.  :)
Tread softly, for you tread on my greens.

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
  • Dark Side Of The Rhubarb
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 19:25:04 »
sounds to me like he got away with a bargain

anyway she couldn't claim to have helped him with his career. Macca hasn't put out a record worth listening to since about 1975

seriously - why does everyone hate her so much?

Tin Shed

• Hectare
  • South Essex
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 19:48:21 »
Can't stand Paul McCartney [ sorry all Beatles lovers] - I would have run a mile, despite the fact he is rollong in it.
As everyones' Grandma would say'It'll end in tears' ....and it did.

Uncle Joshua

• Hectare
    • nikkershaw.net
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 20:09:42 »
sounds to me like he got away with a bargain

anyway she couldn't claim to have helped him with his career. Macca hasn't put out a record worth listening to since about 1975

seriously - why does everyone hate her so much?

You think he's got away with it? I think the daft tart won the lottery, there is no way £25m is one half of his earnings over the last four years, she got £35k a year on top of that and then had the gaul to moan that she'd have to travel second class.

The sad thing is we're now going to hear all the mad cow's stories about how she was i'll treated for four years.

Anyone that wants to treat badly for four years at £6.25m per year feel free.  :)

DenBee

• Acre
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 20:23:38 »
If you've got a spare half hour or so, and you're truly bored you can read the published Judge's ruling.  Lots of the papers have put the transcript (in pdf format) on the net.  All 58 pages of it.

I had a little time to fill between taking my daughter to her Easter disco and picking her up, so I trawled it.  No surprises to anyone who always thought the lady was a fantasist, greedy, and somewhat of a scheming manipulator.  (I'm paraphrasing what I take to be the judge's opinion of her, after reading his judgment  ;) )

I don't have much time for Macca in this either.  I find it difficult to believe he didn't see what others saw before he married her.  She was obvious enough.  ::)

To be really honest, I don't watch soap operas these days, but this is remote enough for me to regard it as one.  I know these are real people, but behaviour like this makes it hard to remember that.

All of which makes me sound as if I give a monkey's.  Which I don't.   But I suppose it's summat to talk about, innit?  ;D

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 20:41:10 »
The Sun headline gave us a good laugh today.
Janet.

Uncle Joshua

• Hectare
    • nikkershaw.net
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 20:44:56 »
The Sun's headline was funny as was the Striker cartoon.  :) (I own shares in striker3dplc for now)

DenBee

• Acre
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 20:49:19 »
I've just had to go to the Sky news website to find the Sun front page - as well as the others.

She's on every front page - apart from the Financial Times.  And I think they missed a trick - after all, who else has earned that much in such a short period of time?  ;D

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 20:50:51 »
i think you have to feel sorry for her shes obviously unhinged.

Uncle Joshua

• Hectare
    • nikkershaw.net
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2008, 20:52:36 »
i think you have to feel sorry for her shes obviously unhinged.

She can afford to get rehinged with all that money.  ;D

DenBee

• Acre
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2008, 20:59:05 »
I'm getting sucked into this, and in 'real' life I haven't even had so much as a conversation with anyone about it, because it's all really unimportant, isn't it?  :)

I don't think she has mental health problems.  I think she's just plain daft.  She doesn't realise that people can see through her.  And she thinks if she just keeps plugging (and shouting) away, eventually the opposition will cave.  And she tells porkie pies.

It's tempting to think that because one wouldn't do something unless one was mentally ill, then someone else doing it must be ill (I'm not posh, I'm just trying not to say "you").  But some folk are just wired differently.

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2008, 21:32:50 »
if Macca had been worth a million, instead of 400 or 800 million, on the settlement she's got, she'd have had 30K or 60K. No wonder she baptised the lawyer.  Feel more sorry for her than him tho

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2008, 21:49:37 »
sorry but the sily old duffer should've known she was only after his money, my dad got sucked in and she took him for 9,000 before he died with her 'tales of woe'..maybe he's learned a lesson

sheddie

• Acre
  • Gateshead
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2008, 22:24:24 »
I have to say it stuck in my throat a bit when she started moaning that her daughter 'only' gets 35k per year, a nanny paid for and private schooling - well she's probably getting double what I'm on - not bad for a 4 year old!.....

she comes across like she's as mad as a bag of frogs if you ask me.

I'm also amazed at the amount of media coverage devoted to this - there must be more imprtant things going on in the world!....
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2008, 12:09:57 »
Just to take your mind off that for a moment - £83 for a 15 min tooth filling this am???

But back to THAT - if SHE spent £3.7m on chopper flights, what did the Charities get? Better to just give the money direct?  The mind boggles.

Old bird

• Hectare
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2008, 12:27:31 »
I have never met either of them - but you could see from the start where she was at - I have seen many many gold diggers in my time and she was just the perfect one.

Unfortunately men - still get taken in with them!  You can tell them till you are blue in the face - but the brain isn't always located in the right place!!!

This was a very good result for the woman - I bet on the streets and "doing her parties in the Middle East" she wouldn't have earned anything near that amount.

I cannot stand people - like this woman - who brag about doing good works - get on and do it - great - but leave out the bragging to make you look like you are a saintly one!

I can understand where she gets her delusions of importance from - herself!

Good result all round!

Old Bird

:o

froglets

• Hectare
  • "Chust sublime"
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2008, 12:34:33 »
Why can't I find anyone as rich and gullable?

..and it did occur to me she clearly doesn't expend as much energy as I do convincing myself a bunch of British flowers a fortnight from the supermarket is a good thing!  That's a lot of vases.
is it in the sale?
(South Cheshire)

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2008, 12:55:35 »
Macca shold re-release "The Frog Chorus/Ebony and Ivory". That should pay for it.........NOT

or that single they forgot about when he got his Knighthood - "Give Ireland back to the Irish (don't make them have to take it away)"

silly billy

• Acre
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2008, 13:10:32 »
For one so in love with Linda it didn't take him long to get over her. Good on Heather she screwed him for £24m and deserves every penny.
My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in. Bill Shankly.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal