Author Topic: yellow raspberrys  (Read 1110 times)

Tohellwithweeds

• Half Acre
yellow raspberrys
« on: March 16, 2008, 18:05:37 »
has any one grown them before ??? i didn't know you could get yellow ones so i was surprised at them and if you have grown them how did you get on with them 
Link To My Pictures
http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii229/ToHellWithWeeds/?mediafilter=images

Plot69

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
Re: yellow raspberrys
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 18:19:58 »
has any one grown them before ??? i didn't know you could get yellow ones so i was surprised at them and if you have grown them how did you get on with them 

Fallgold,, an autumn fruiting variety. I planted mine last year so not had a great crop yet. They're growing and spreading really well at the moment though so only time will tell how well they do. I didn't know they was yellow when I bought them, they were the last few and half price at a garden center I went to.

The few berries I did get off them last autumn tasted... well, like raspberries but yellow.
Tony.

Sow it, grow it, eat it.

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 18:44:23 »
I think they are a bit like marmite, you either love them or hate them! I planted some last year and had a small crop, I really liked them and hope they sucker a bit to increase my stock.
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Dadnlad

• Acre
  • Site Foreman ?
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 19:50:19 »
We used to have a few Fallgold at the end of a row of Autumn Bliss
They crop at about the same time - Aug-Oct ish - but dont have such a strong 'raspberry' taste
We swapped them for some JA's last year  8)

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008, 23:13:25 »
Fallgold is an Autumn Bliss sport, so they should crop at the same time..
 8)

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 09:48:40 »
We used to have a few Fallgold at the end of a row of Autumn Bliss
They crop at about the same time - Aug-Oct ish - but dont have such a strong 'raspberry' taste
We swapped them for some JA's last year  8)

We planted Fallgold maybe 5 or 6 yrs. ago and it grew into sturdy, prolific vines BUT the taste was bland and not sweet. I tore them all out this winter and plan to add to our Heritage raspberry plot which are smaller and bushier and have intense raspberry flavor and a Fall crop.
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal