Author Topic: Miserable day here  (Read 2402 times)

gunnerbee

• Hectare
Miserable day here
« on: March 15, 2008, 15:43:52 »
I was looking forward to doing some more in the garden, rain stopped play!

Pickle

• Not So New ...
Re: Miserable day here
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 16:18:16 »
Hi gunnerbee.  ;) been down lottie planted shallots hoped to get the ground ready for my pots but the rain drifted in. Had a cuppa in the shed but the wet did'nt look like stopping so gave up and came home. Nice hot bath and a drop of something warming.I dont think tomorrow is going to be any better so another week to wait before I can go again. :(

happy paddling Pickle  ;D
Pickle:- usually in one !!

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 16:25:48 »
It's just started raining here, about half an hour ago when I'd finished all my other jobs!
 :'(

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 16:26:49 »
Same here, rain just started. Got few jobs done which included making some 2bar fencing round one of the borders, dog has decided (over the winter) that she likes to walk along the border. A little shouting and retraining to do  >:( Sciatica set in so don't suppose I could have done much more, always tomorrow ;D

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 16:27:24 »
Hello Pickle, you must be fairly new as I don't recognise the name,,was my old tap dancing teacher though!!

Just saying hello

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Pickle

• Not So New ...
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 16:34:29 »
Hi jeannine , yes I've only been with you a week or so , enjoying as there are some good threads, some hearty banter which helps keep us all cheery.

Pickle is what im usually in so its apt.  :-\

Tap dancin  :-[ well only in the bathroom. ;)

Thanks for the greeting Pickle ;D
Pickle:- usually in one !!

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2008, 16:47:02 »
I've just been out in the damp drizzle digging over and weeding one of my raised beds in the back garden...the cats were watching me from the comfort of the greenhouse as if I was nuts! ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2008, 16:55:40 »
Sometimes cats can be very perceptive Deb!
 :-X

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2008, 17:35:35 »
Been to the lottie today, but its raining now, just seen a football match report in Hull and its foggy.  :o   ???    ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2008, 17:55:06 »
I got dragged out to go shopping with the wife, and by the time I got to the plot it was peeing it down. I potted Carolinej's strawberries up, and that was all I managed.

Sparkly

• Hectare
    • Flixton Band (Manchester)
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2008, 18:12:16 »
The weather has not been too bad here today. I have planted 12 different varieties of toms and some parsley in the raised beds in our garden. We will be off down the plot tommorrow! The forcast is for sunny intervals so fingers crossed!

gunnerbee

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2008, 18:47:33 »
been rain since 11 this morning, pouring down now! grrrrrr!

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2008, 19:03:55 »
We were lucky here it started to rain at 3pm, I need to get manure and it will be dripping.......eeuww :-\ Not today as its closed now. ;D
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2008, 19:09:24 »
apparantly rained all day here. wouldnt know myself been in bed asleep cos im on nights lol  ;D

MindBodyandSoil

• Not So New ...
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2008, 19:17:55 »
Not too bad day here, the odd bit of drizzle, but managed to get plenty of work done on my personal allotments, took a brush cutter to the new plot I've taken next to my other three! Also found a tray of leek seedlings, although I have no idea where they are from, but they were in a sheltered spot by my shed, and were thriving, so have popped them in the ground and fleeced them up, so fingers crossed for my leeks please!

The weather forecast is awful for the next three days, which is all the time I have left to work on my work allotment project before I go on holiday to do more work on my personal ones!!!

Allotmenting is non-stop for me, Monday to Friday, on the mental health allotment project that I run, then weekends and holidays on my personal allotments with my partner.

I am sooo lucky!

davyw1

• Hectare
  • I love My Country
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2008, 19:42:58 »
Had little bit of s drizzle this morning and thats about all not sunny but not that bad to stop the Para gliders of the beach banks this evening. Well, except for the lad being carried on the frame of one.  " Hard landing " i asked " No tripped over the frame and broke my leg" he said. Dont laugh David dont luagh why not he cant catch you i said to myself.
When you wake up on a morning say "good morning world" and be grateful

DAVY

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2008, 19:56:54 »
 ;D ;D ;D Thats harsh Davy,  its like when someone says "please call me an ambulance". You say of course mate "you're an ambulance" ::)..............He still cant catch you ;D ;D ;D
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

Sinbad7

• Hectare
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2008, 20:03:56 »
Not on my allotment today as I am down in Sunny Surrey.  But did see some lovely allotments as I walked the dog, I think it is, Putney Vale, it's a carry on of Wimbledon Common.  Two people were working their allotment's I wanted to call out anyone here from A4A but didn't have the courage :)

Anyway didn't rain until we got back at around 2 pm, a nice day in Surrey though.

Sinbad

Uncle Joshua

• Hectare
    • nikkershaw.net
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2008, 21:38:34 »
I have hardly done any ground work this year due to the rain, this time last year I had a tan!!!

wiltshire lass

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2008, 07:55:51 »
its still chucking it down here and i have a load of cauliflowers to put out :-X

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal