Author Topic: Typical, can always on british weather.  (Read 1038 times)

Flunky

• Acre
  • In Sunny Narfook.
Typical, can always on british weather.
« on: March 14, 2008, 13:35:08 »
I have some seeds thath have gone in yesterday.

Checked the 5 day forcast and it NOW says 0 degrees and sleat etc.

Do you think this will cause a problem for potatoes, broad beans or onions ?  ???

Has anyone any suggestions ?

timiano

• Half Acre
    • The 21st Century Good Life
Re: Typical, can always on british weather.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 13:38:07 »
Our onions are in - I reckon they'll be fine. Weather forecasts change daily, but I reckon you'll be alright. Remember that quite often temps are measured in the shade, so it's not going to be a deep freeze I reckon, just cold.

They're in now, what will be will be. And I'm almost positive that they'll be right.

Tim

Pookledo

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 07:36:05 »
A similar thing happened here. I've just planted my one lonely new raspberry cane and gave it a water. oops!

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 11:49:17 »
oh i wouldn't worry about any of those things, they are all hardy, even the raspberry, it will just slow down its growth until the warm weather comes back again. If it is very small, you can mulc  ;)h around it with some straw to give it a hand. But the spuds and all are safe under the ground
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal