Author Topic: Result  (Read 2027 times)

Plot69

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
Result
« on: March 13, 2008, 20:45:52 »
Two or three years ago, about a year before I got my plot, the developers were going to take half the plots to build on.

One lady who had just managed o get a plot was a bit upset to say the least. Before the general meeting with the planners she found out all the legalities and why's and wherefores of the situation and at the meeting she slammed them. The planners offered to build all the remaining plot holders brick sheds if they voted against the rest of the holders.

This was taken as blackmail  by everyone and so, to cut a long story short (I don't know all the details), the council and the planners were beaten and not only are all our plots safe but the lady in question is now the allotment manager.

But there's more... Just got the news today that she's managed to bully the council into letting us have an adjacent piece of land, enough for another 17 full size plots including them clearing and setting it out with a car park.

Hows that for a result?  ;D

Just show what a decent allotment manager with balls can do...

Tony.

Sow it, grow it, eat it.

Old bird

• Hectare
Re: Result
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 10:18:43 »
Hi Plot 69!

Well apparently this lady has more balls than the fellas on the site - Good for her.

I always say you can generally not beat a very determined lady!  Well done to her and good luck with your further allotments!  Sounds as if she will be a formidable manager too!

Old Bird ;D

arphamoe

• Not So New ...
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 15:49:21 »
Congratulations!!
Just goes to show what you can do if you take a stand and get after the people who think we are an 'easy target'.
As I have said in other threads along the same lines, dont just let it happen - make a fight of it every time - the law is on your side if you care to use it.

Plot69

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 17:25:30 »
I had a bit of a result myself today as well.

Council chaps came in today with the necessary heavy plant and cleared the site, pulled out all the elders  and leveled the site. Amongst the pile of junk they pulled out were two perfectly serviceable hose reels, one large enough for my 100m hose that normally gets wound round an arm and slung in the corner of the shed and one the right size for my home hose.

As for the 17 new plots, I've already got three full size 325 sq yd, 10 rod plots so I won't be applying for any more. Half the new plots have been snapped up already. Just like the two hose reels that emerged from the undergrowth ;D

Tony.

Sow it, grow it, eat it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal