Author Topic: Cucumbers  (Read 1403 times)

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
Cucumbers
« on: July 16, 2004, 08:46:36 »
Is there any way of preventing indoor cus aborting so many fruit? Yellowing & shrivelling. Despite this, we still get plenty of cus.

It happens even when there are only 2 or 3 fruit on the plant. As said elsewhere, they are fed daily. = Tim

btw - the night temp, on occasions, is still under 50F. Is this a contributary factor?
PS Just starting a bit of mildew, too. So, more ventilation. And chill!!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2004, 10:46:58 by tim »

derbex

• Hectare
  • I've come about the reaping
Re:Cucumbers
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2004, 09:38:09 »
This happens to me too -in the past I have put it down to being too hot & dry in the greenhouse. I don't think I can say that this year  >:(

Jeremy

I'm quite surprised at what they will stand though, one plant looks fairly 'healthy' but has powdery mildew -it has just produced a whopper. The other looks sick, with yellow speckled leaves but has 3 on the go, I might take one off to stop it straining itself, we won't use 3 at once.

ALAN HOWELL

• Half Acre
  • I love Allotments4All
Re:Cucumbers
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2004, 10:23:43 »
Me too Tim...I do everything by the book,they start off great,rampaging up the sticks producing Cu's then suddenly fizzle out to a crawl with many aborted fruit.They do continue to produce tho' on a modified basis.having tried various remedies eg.extra feed;cutting down on water etc.this has been to no avail,problem is that we only get one chance per year with Cu's :(
......Alan
I GOT A LOTTA LOTTIE

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal