Author Topic: Not a Good Day  (Read 650 times)

davyw1

• Hectare
  • I love My Country
Not a Good Day
« on: March 12, 2008, 19:37:50 »
Woke up to a very windy but dry and sunny day, with my tasks in mind for the day at the allotment off i went, one thought in mind empty my leek trench and refresh with manure and fertilizer and that's me done for the day.
The wind had taken one of the glass doors to a Polly tunnel off at one of the hinges but the glass was intact, i managed to remove it, lay it down in the tunnel without any further damage. I removed the twisted hinge from the door frame which flew from the claw of the hammer, landed on the glass of the door and broke it.
Trying to get the manure into the barrow, the wind kept blowing it over so i wedged a garden fork in to stop it going over. filled my last load, forgot about the fork bent to grasp the handles and nutted the fork handle.
Eventually trenches full all that was left to do was to rotorvate them. I new i had to put a new carb spring on but not a problem, stripped the cover off and some one started shouting of me very urgent like so off i went to be informed the shed and greenhouse of the next but one garden was on fire. Straight over the fence grabbed the first bucket i could on the way, into the water barrel out, it came full and filled my wellies, it had a slit in the bottom, anyway i managed to contain
 the fire till the brigade arrived but i was soaked from the waist down.
Every thing sorted so went back to the rotorvater,        now where did i put that carb spring.
When you wake up on a morning say "good morning world" and be grateful

DAVY

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
Re: Not a Good Day
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 19:48:18 »
Aw bless you Davy.................but you put it so elequantly(?) I know you had a tragic day but you put it in such a way you had me in fits ;D.

I do hope you have a much better day tomorrow. Even with your hiccups, you seem to have got loads done......and your a hero too ;D ;D
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 22:32:00 »
ROFL...I missed the hiccups bit  ;D

Well done Davy...triumph in the face of adversity, eh? 8)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 23:07:33 »
Oh dear ;D Couldn't help having a giggle.. Also had a laugh at daughter-in-law today. Her cat likes her food outside the back door. Apparently the cat hadn't eaten her food so Donna thought she would put fresh down. Picked up the dish, wind caught the dish and Donna got covered in food and milk. Didn't help when John burst out laughing when she came back in the kitchen. Quick change of clothes before they could go to work.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal