Author Topic: Our Meow Meow  (Read 3135 times)

Mark /\

• Not So New ...
Our Meow Meow
« on: February 26, 2008, 23:59:34 »
Today we had to let our cat go to sleep for ever.

We found her about five weeks old deserted week and hungry. Some sicko had cut off all her whiskers and just left her to die. We looked after her for two days and realised she was getting weaker so took her to the vets, they said they did'nt think she would make it.

Me and our lass stayed up all weekend feeding her milk around the clock and she pulled through and that is how she got her name LUCKY. I was never a cat lover myself I always prefered dogs but she took a shine to me. She would only let me pick her up and tickle her stomach and most nights slept in my daughters bedroom

Anyhow two and a half years later. I call her Meow Meow now cause everytime she sees me she goes Meow Meow. LOL

On thursday 21 Feb she had a fit. Then over the weekend started having more fits. She would foam at the mouth and run into furniture, fall down stairs and spin round and round scratching everything. We took her to the vets on Monday and they said book her in for Tuesday and we will do some tests.

Monday night she had a bad fit. I had to shake her saliva out of her mouth as she was choking and could not breathe. The next day after all the tests the vets said she had feline Hiv and epilepsy, she could not go outside again, would have to be housebound forever and kept away from all cats. She had a fit at the vets through the day and they said after see the fit it would be best for her to go to sleep as she was so ill.

Mark /\

• Not So New ...
Re: Our Meow Meow
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 00:09:39 »
We took the big decision and let her sleep. We feel like murderers now, but it would be worse to see her suffer like her last fit.

We are all at home now being quiet or talking about her adventures. I cant believe how much I'm missing her allready. Every night she would nudge me to go out and I keep looking out in the the garden for the lights to come on to say she's home.

*Joanne*

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 00:35:41 »
I am so sorry it is such a great loss.It is so hard when you have to make that decision.But you did the best thing for her and she would thank you for that.

http://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm
I would like to be a glow-worm.
A glow-worm's never glum.
Its hard to be downhearted
When the sun shines out your bum.

Joanne

Twirlie

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 00:54:34 »
I am so sorry for your loss, I was almost in tears just then reading your message.  My husband was never a cat person and he's also called Mark.  We now have three! It must have been hard to see her like that, but she had lots of love in her life with you I can tell.  She's not in pain now, and that is a blessing.  She's in kitty heaven, frolicking through a field of catnip, that's where my eric and stanley are anyway.   Once again sorry for your loss. Twirlie

Lindsay

• Acre
  • Near Avignon, France
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 06:34:57 »
But you made the right decision Mark - you wouldn't have wanted her to suffer like that any more, would you? She's a happy cat again now.

sarah

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 08:11:38 »
Lindsay is right youdid make the right dicision.  Its so hard but you must not feel guilty. Every thing yuo did for your cat was done with love and her best interests in mind.  it is sad.

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 14:48:37 »
Absolutely the right decision, tho it doesn't make you feel any better. At least you've got some lovely memories, and you didn't let her suffer.

Big cyberhugs for you and your family from my family of cat lovers.
The Tuscan Beaneater

Old bird

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 15:16:48 »
Difficult call Mark - but you did the right thing.

I am convined there is another dimension which we will go to when we die and I am sure that I will meet up with all my animals that have helped me through this life.

I am sure that they will all agree that we did the right thing to take their pain away.  Just a shame we can't do this for loved human beings too!

Old Bird

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2008, 17:41:53 »
It is the right thing to do, but heavens is it HARD!
Gardening is the great leveller.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2008, 20:01:33 »
So sorry Mark.It is such a hard thing to cope with :'(

Mark /\

• Not So New ...
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2008, 23:16:46 »
Thanks for the kind replies.

We were all a bit emotional last night after just losing her and wanted to write something about about her short life and what she meant to us.

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2008, 23:26:24 »
 :'(

Thanks for telling us Mark, I am so sorry that you have lost her.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2008, 23:40:25 »
Mark you are not a murderer you are a very brave caring person who put aside his own feelings for a pet he loved.

Take care of you now

Night and God bless Meow Meow

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

wiltshire lass

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2008, 01:43:49 »
YOu did the right thing.you have nothing to feel guilty about.

aromatic

• Half Acre
  • Lavender flowers yield abundant nectar
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2008, 02:11:30 »
 :-\ Mark you have absolutely done the right thing. I know how you feel its a horrid feeling but you do have to let it go. I had to have my cat Mundy put to sleep because she had developed mouth cancer... it was heartbreaking and afterwards I also felt so guilty. But she was very ill and was suffering as Meow, Meow was and she could not have gone on like that... so please remember the love you gave her and how happy her life was whilst she was in your care ... be thankful for that... and remember you are a brave and very loving owner!!! And no more guilt!!! Just loving and happy memories!! xxxxxx

God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done.  ~Author Unknown

Love aromatic xxx

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal