Author Topic: Is it a fig??  (Read 1778 times)

TrailRat

• Half Acre
  • I like the feel of dirt in my teeth
Is it a fig??
« on: July 15, 2004, 19:41:16 »
While down on my plot this came off the tree whilst I was weeding. It's about 1 and a half inches tall.  

If it is a fig is it ripe, if not how long roughly till harvest? Total novice so any hints and tips greatly appreicated.

TrailRat
If it weren't for beer and sex than cycling would be the best thing in the world.

budgiebreeder

• Hectare
  • West Yorkshire.
Re:Is it a fig??
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 19:44:26 »
Looks very much like a fig to me.Why dont you test it now ?.If we dont hear from you for a while we'll know that you are still sat on the loo or i gave you duff info Nick.
Earth fills her lap with treasures of her own.

ruud

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 19:57:08 »
Yes that is a fig,i can tell you that because i have two figtrees in my garden.Dont try to eat it because it isnot ripe yet.Ripe figs are brown some are little purple,and i have seen one french variaty with green white striped figs.My figs are ready to eat end august.Depends a little bit on the wetter,but normally in the end of august.The tree were it fall from,has it hand shaped leaves if it does its a fig.

derbex

• Hectare
  • I've come about the reaping
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2004, 09:28:51 »
Looks like a fig to me too-also looks as though it's still hard. I think that there are things you can do with green figs -but it's probably not worth it with one.

Jeremy

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2004, 12:45:09 »
Definately a fig, and no, I would say definately not ripe.  Mine went deepest purple, almost brown in colour and were very soft and............oh my........so yummy!  :P You are very lucky, I would love to have a matire fig tree on the allotment.  Have a small one in a big pot in the garden.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal