Author Topic: Good luck with the weather....  (Read 5641 times)

gunnerbee

• Hectare
Good luck with the weather....
« on: March 08, 2008, 18:14:54 »
I wish you all the best and you dont get too much damage with the terrible winds that have been predicted, we are high up here in the Cotswolds, ill be out there clinging onto my greenhouse all night!!!!  ;)

Tohellwithweeds

• Half Acre
Re: Good luck with the weather....
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 19:13:26 »
yes i must say I'm a bit worried i hope my greenhouse stays put and in one piece as Ive planted some seeds this afternoon and they are all in the greenhouse so I'm hoping and praying its still there on Monday when i go down  ::) ::)
Link To My Pictures
http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii229/ToHellWithWeeds/?mediafilter=images

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 19:20:59 »
As yet mine is still empty. Thank goodness it's not quite ready! But it's tied down with ropes to every unmovable thing we could find.

Best of luck to everyone, I do hope there's not too much damage :-\
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 10:01:57 »
Calm here at the moment.  ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Grandma

• Hectare
  • Worthing, West Sussex.
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 13:04:14 »
Lovely here at the mo, too but very I'm worried! Right on the south coast - (and forecast to get the worst of it) - and with an elderly greenhouse full of lovely stuff! Have put away everything lying around the garden that might take off and do damage. Just crossing fingers now.  ;)

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2008, 13:46:44 »
calm before the storm here in Brum...just been sitting in the sunshine, looking at fluffy clouds in a sky that's got enough blue to make a Dutchman a pair of trousers ;) (specially written for Senior members ;D) & picked 40+ daffodils & some hyacinths before coming back in....mind you, took the precaution of moving anything that might take off & fly into the greenhouse glass, but, just at the mo.....all peaceful here in S.B'ham...

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2008, 14:36:54 »
Calm here too... the Poly won't still survive..
 :-[

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2008, 15:08:01 »
OH is down my plot as I type securing my partly built shed roof....with a bit of luck it might be a complete shed roof at the end of today, with a bit more luck it might still be there tuesday morning!

He has just rung me, I've got to go and take another type of saw down to him.... :-\
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

MPG

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2008, 16:50:27 »
yes good luck all, calm here in sussex at the moment....am hoping it may just skip us think im wishful thinking tho...

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2008, 16:59:11 »
Good luck to you all, it is not expected to be horrific in Hul but we have dismantled the old wooden greenhouse as it was about ready to drop ,just in case, I hope everyone stays safe and it passes quickly for everyone involved.

Love from Jeannine XX
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2008, 18:04:58 »
or makes a left and misses us altogether, my brother in toronto has had the worst snow since he moved there, 25 years ago  :o

tomatoada

• Hectare
  • south birmingham
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2008, 18:13:49 »
Good weather today in S. Birmingham.   The worse weather is supposed to hit us tomorrow in the morning rush hour.  Best of luck to those in the areas with likely problems.

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2008, 19:28:37 »
Clear moonlit, starry skies here and 5C. Have just been out to take down all my bird feeders - they are safer in the shed if we are to get gusts of up to 50mph here in the southwest. I've also weighted my fruit trees in containers with housebricks, but will be keeping my fingers crossed. Some of them are covered in fleece so I'm not sure how they will manage if the winds are really very strong..

Tricia

wiltshire lass

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2008, 01:16:52 »
how did you all fair?
in the end we werent to bad.i was very lucky my green house survived ,few trees down in the area though.

aromatic

• Half Acre
  • Lavender flowers yield abundant nectar
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2008, 01:37:17 »
 :D Warwickshire wet and blustry winds but not too bad at all!! Strong winds forcast for Wednesday! So far greenhouse is holding up.. lets hope it stays that way!! Hope everyone else is ok???

God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done.  ~Author Unknown

Love aromatic xxx

MPG

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2008, 06:58:57 »
well it got very windy with lots of rain, not been down lotty yet.... but honestly have seen worse, the news and that over rated slightly me thinks..... will just have to see what tommorow holds suppose to be bad again.mpg

helsbels_89

• Not So New ...
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2008, 07:26:39 »
My plastic greenhouse survived but my cold frame got swepped across the garden. Luckily i had moved everything from it! It seems that National Rail was hit worse than anything else. All trains into London delayed for ages. We must be the only nation that cannot handle any type of weather, snow, fallen leaves, too hot, too cold and now too wet!

Hope everyone survived the worst of it.

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2008, 07:12:33 »
I've still not been home in Glasgow long enough to carry out the repairs from the January gales.  I'm hoping that with enough gaps for the wind to blow through, it will do just that without popping any more panes out.  The Norfolk perspex house is still only half a house as well.

Pretty blustery in the People's Republic of Hextable this morning but Dad's plastic 4 shelf is holding fast with a two bits of metal coathangers screwed to the fence and a bit of nylon string tied to each hook.  Pretty neat trick.

There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

Rohaise

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2008, 11:14:27 »
Still very gusty out there !  My greenhouse...which holds mostly a large collection of cacti,succulents and epiphyllums ...is mercifully still standing . Rohaise .   

gunnerbee

• Hectare
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2008, 13:25:15 »
3 sections blown out of my greenhouse! grrrrrr, Its worse today up here in the cotswolds.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal