Author Topic: Pot-bound baby tomato plants  (Read 991 times)

bupster

• Hectare
    • Plot Holes
Pot-bound baby tomato plants
« on: March 18, 2008, 16:27:00 »
Did my usual trick of planting very early tomatoes on the windowsill to give me something to look at in the winter months. However, different windowsill this year, which had a lot of light, so I didn't notice how pot-bound the tomatoes were getting (as they didn't do what they usually do, i.e. grow a foot high and fall over).

These are micro toms, so I don't think they get very big anyway. However, I'm pretty sure they're not supposed to be flowering at this point! I've had a panicky potting-up evening and they're now in five-inch pots to grow on - however, have I left it too late? Are they knackered plants having begun to flower already?
For myself I am an optimist - it does not seem to be much use being anything else.

http://www.plotholes.blogspot.com

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
Re: Pot-bound baby tomato plants
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 19:36:07 »
I wouldn't be at all conerned.  I sowed my micro toms on 3 February and I noticed yesterday that the first tiny trusses are developing.  The same happened last year and they were fine.   ;D

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal