Author Topic: My Cat  (Read 3360 times)

Plocket

• Hectare
  • Clematis Crystal Fountain
    • Plocket's Clematis Site
My Cat
« on: July 15, 2004, 11:35:31 »
I have been looking at the lovely pictures of your pets, and thought I would introduce you to my cat. I have had her longer than my husband!!! She is 14 now and sleeps for about 22 hours a day.

The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

Granny_Smith

• Half Acre
  • Of course its me - who else could look like this ?
Re:My Cat
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 12:04:59 »
You didn't tell us her name. She looks just like my daughters cat - Poppy.
Granny is still your best friend !

Plocket

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 12:19:31 »
Oh my god I'm talking to my mother - only kidding, but she (the cat) IS called Poppy! She always wears a red collar!
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

Granny_Smith

• Half Acre
  • Of course its me - who else could look like this ?
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2004, 14:48:01 »
Spooky or what !!!
Daughters Poppy is younger than your Poppy and has one of her kittens living with them as well - she's called Jess.
Granny is still your best friend !

Plocket

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2004, 15:01:56 »
Oh bless! My Poppy had kittens - all male - I kept one but he eventually terrorised her so much that her fur started falling out. I had to have him re-homed via the CPL - he went to a farm where he scared the living daylights out of most of the other animals!!! Poppy made a full recovery but stayed timid!

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2004, 17:08:20 »
Hey lovely cat plocket, i bet you spend lots of time cuddling her don`t you.  She looks very well for her age. :)

Plocket

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2004, 17:31:44 »
Aw! Thank you! She is rather cuddly! All fluff under the sleek coat! I will have to take her in to have her teeth done soon, but apart from that she is fit and well. She is a good example of doing nothing to stay well!!!

Val

• Hectare
  • I hate those mieces to pieces
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2004, 11:16:50 »
shes lovely Plocket, Is it Poppy that dropped the mouse indoors?
"I always wanted to be somebody…but I should have been more specific."

Plocket

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2004, 17:40:43 »
Yes! She's the culprit! She didn't kill it though, if you remember!

She has a terrible sense of time - my husband usually feeds her so when he comes home from work it is feeding time - 6.00pm. However, if we are out for the day at the weekends, she thinks it is feeding time when he gets home - even if it is just after lunch!

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2004, 17:51:21 »
What a beautiful cat Poppy is Plocket.  Strangely enough, I have a 12 year old black & white persian cross called - you guessed it - Poppy.  She wears a bright pink collar.
Happy gardening all...........Pat

Val

• Hectare
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2004, 17:51:31 »
 8)Hi Plocket, we've got a dog like that, mind you she thinks its feeding time 24hours a day. Have you had a good weekend? We managed to get out for a while today but still got caught in the rain, its been lovely since we got back, sods law isn't it? ::)

Plocket

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2004, 18:48:40 »
Hi Val! Animals can be funny, can't they?

We've had a lovely weekend thank you. Went to M&Ds Friday night and got back this afternoon. Husband cut three huge conifers down for my dad! Went shopping in Shrewsbury saturday, and a sweetpea show in Wem today. Husband cut three large conifers down for dad.

Hope you had a good one?  Plocket x

Val

• Hectare
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2004, 10:36:17 »
 ???Plocket M&D's?  Oh yes mum and dads, got it, oh thicky me. :DHave a great day today, weather is lovely here.

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2004, 21:57:21 »
Hi Plocket,   my Poppy is about the same hight as yours but is about a foot longer, she is a standard daschund and is a red long haired but because she is only 9 months old her coat is still a bit immature.   She is very girly and has a pink collar ;D She will eat anything and everything(and she does) at any time of night or day.... we should have called her Martini... any time, any place, any where. ;D
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

Jendaffodil

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2004, 07:37:47 »
Hi plocket, I think your cat looks lovely, as do my two boy cats, they think she looks gentle, not like all the big tom cats we have round here.  I have just had to put one of mine on a diet as when I took him to the vet for his booster she said he has the start of a heart murmour and needs to loose weight.  Have had to start feeding them separately and watch that Treacle doesn't eat Spice's food!  I haven't worked out how to send a photo yet!

Plocket

• Hectare
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2004, 08:47:42 »
Hi Jendaffodil! I don't think we have met before. Nice to meet you.

I am so pleased you and your cats like Poppy - she is a little sweetie! She is rather shy and retiring!

Oh it is so difficult trying to get a cat to diet! Our first cat needed a diet for heath reasons and nothing changed in about a year. Eventually we found she was going down the road and eating from another cat's bowl!!!

Re photo - do you have a scanner? I just scanned the photo in and sorted the size out in paint. Then sent it to Photobucket.com where I store pictures I want to use on the computer. When you want to insert a picture you click on the "picture" icon above (to the left of the "mail" icon), copy the link from your picture in Photobucket, and insert the link between the two img boxes. Hope that makes sense!

I hope you do have a scanner because I would love to see your boys! Plocket

Plocket

• Hectare
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2004, 08:55:37 »
Hello Jenny again! I have just looked at the BBC and seen your message - so we have spoken before - sorry!!! Speak to you soon, here or there!

Jendaffodil

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2004, 20:19:35 »
Hi Plocket, thank you for your message, I am sorry I confused you, didn't mean to.  I imagine Treacle will go and eat other cats' food, he is such a hungry cat.  Have you seen the book Six Dinner Sid, he is just like that I'm sure.  He is off to the cattery on Thursday so will be restricted there!  He always comes back thinner which sort of proves our theory we think.  The lady who runs the cattery is brilliant so I am going to ask her about what kind of food to give him, she has cats on all sorts of diets visit her.  I have taken to feeding the cats in different rooms so that he can't pinch Spice's food, might work, Spice always lets Treacle finish his bowl, he's such a gentleman he just moves to one side.

I shall definitely have a go at posting a photo of my mischiefs soon, thank you ever so much for the advice, I really am a novice on here - have already had to retype this once! Jenny x

Plocket

• Hectare
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2004, 09:10:58 »
Not Jenny from the block?

Can't wait to see piccies! I think the cattery is probably the best place - poor love. Still it means that Spice won't starve!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal