Author Topic: my new allotment  (Read 1771 times)

Crystalmoon

• Hectare
my new allotment
« on: March 03, 2008, 16:10:26 »
I have just been offered my first allotment & i nearly cried it is so perfect  ;D
It has obviously been really loved by someone & has been dug all ready for planting...how lucky am I  ;) It has purple sprouting brocoli almost ready to harvest & raspberry & gooseberry plants. But best of all it comes with a tiny polycarbonate & metal frame greenhouse  ;D I am so utterly happy right now I could burst! I wont get my keys for the site entrances for another 3-4 weeks but I can start to grow things on my windowsill....yippee!

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: my new allotment
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 17:47:48 »
green with envy..congratulations, what a good start  ;D

Lauren S

• Hectare
  • Delightful Devon
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 17:52:33 »
Crystal I'm so happy for you. I know exactly what you mean. I cried too when I got my allotment (daft aren't we). It has the mostly lovely summerhouse and deck, not to mention a view to die for up and down the river and out to sea.
Get sowing like crazy girl.

Just one question...Why do you have to wait so long for the keys?
:) Net It Or You Won't Get It  :)

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 20:30:31 »
Good timing. Great start to the growing year.
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

Crystalmoon

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 22:02:32 »
Thanks everyone  :)
Ive got to wait for the keys because the plot Im getting was a 10 perch but is being divided. Im being given 5 perch's of it (I always thought a perch was a fish :D )...the council lady was talking about having to draw up new site plans. There is also a badly overgrown plot that someone is going to be evicted from  :o right next door to me. Think its all politics that the council lady thought I would be best avoiding so she is going to offer the abandoned looking plots etc to other people without them being aware that my plot was ever vacant 'cos it looks so well cared for. I reckon she took pity on me as I'm a total novice & dont have any tools etc. Im also in recovery from multiple blood clots in my legs so maybe she thought it would be best for me to not have to dig too hard.
Lauren your summer house looks truly beautiful  ;D
I havent got a view from my plot....the allotment site is behind alot of houses & small industrial units. It has tall hedges & metal fences all around it...its like an oasis of green in the midst of a grey industrial estate!
I think there's about 10 allotments...it really is a tiny place.   

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal