Author Topic: Anyone planted their onion sets yet?  (Read 4608 times)

Blue Bird

• Hectare
Re: Anyone planted their onion sets yet?
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2008, 18:59:03 »
started mine in cold frame three weeks ago and planted out 10 days ago all doing fine..
Want to lift out as early as possible have more going in this week end hopfully

gtm41658

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2008, 07:34:17 »
put 45 Setton in the ground end of Feb and a further 45 last weekend...seem to be doing OK at the moment

Bryan

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2008, 07:51:12 »
I put 230 Sturon out a week ago along with 230 Red Baron, all are doing well with only 2 or 3 needing putting back, Shallot Red Sun went out at same time, all showing signs that all is well.
Shall be putting out 1/2 kilo of each again this weekend, weather dependent obviously.
Don't worry about tomorrow, or yesterday, just think about today.

Chris Graham

• Hectare
  • Stirling, Scotland
    • Backyard
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2008, 08:55:31 »
not sure how mine are doing yet, but we have had so much rain the plot seems a bit water logged.  How long does it take till they rot?

Astronomy, Veggies & Beer

Rohaise

« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2008, 09:51:22 »
 I pushed onion sets in....er ...end of Nov....and a few more in Decemberalong with garlic .  Last Saturday pushed in 10 Shallots...not grown shallots before. I will be venturing out to see if they haven,t been washed away in Monday night,s storm.   All seems well...to protect them untill they get their roots down I lay a couple of old metal grid things over them on to the ground...to keep next doors cat off ,seems to work .   Rohaise

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2008, 16:39:37 »
I put mine in on Feb 16th and they only just started to sprout last weekend, so they'll be left in the bag later next year, as all ready been said its better than sitting in the cold ground, Rohaise when you said you pushed them in the ground I hope you didn't mean literally because you can damage the roots if there forced in.    ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal