Author Topic: Got 'em!  (Read 1332 times)

SMP1704

• Hectare
  • Isleworth, Middlesex
    • Allotment Life
Got 'em!
« on: March 01, 2008, 18:13:00 »
Today I was working on the allotment and my son and his friend were building their den and helping to clear out the old knotweed stems and put them in the incinerator.

The other side of the fence a group of other boys recognised my sons friend and started  teasing him that a) he was playing with a younger boy and b) he was on the 'wrong' side of the fence.  They were using some interesting language to taunt the boys and calling me names too (but thick skin here)  they then started to kick in the fence etc etc.

I called the Police AND they turned up in less than 10 mins AND they found all three of them, took them home had a word with their parents and bought them to the site to apologise to me for being rude ;D ;D  So I also told them off and set out my expectations for their future behaviour. They have apparently all been grounded by their parents.

As I see it, this could go one of two ways - the preferred was is that they realise they are fighting a losing battle as in her with the spade has more determination and brains than they do or the worrying way is that they sneak out over their garden fence at night and do evil things - even though I said I knew where they lived and would be round to see their Mum's if anything was in the wrong place.

Watch this space - but well done boys in blue, it restored my faith ;D

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: Got 'em!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 18:17:11 »
Most of them are trying their best... only a couple are taking day trips to the seaside...  ::)

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
Re: Got 'em!
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 18:40:09 »
Glad you got them, I hope they will learn a lesson
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal