Author Topic: eaten carrots  (Read 1322 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
eaten carrots
« on: July 14, 2004, 13:48:23 »
I dunno!  If it isn't somebody/thing having all of my goosegogs away, something munching my spring broad beans, then it is something muching my carrots!  I had thinned them, delicious baby roots, and had 1 row, out of about a zillion that I have sowed and failed to germiate, of nice, average sized roots, that would stay put until the autumn.  Fat chance!  I bet it was that hare.  Couldn't have eaten my lettuces which I have in abundance, oh no, goes for my carrots, the one thing I am struggling to grow!  What next?!  Wonder if Ava could set me up some spy cameras to watch what goes on..... :-\

piglit

• Quarter Acre
  • Tall oaks… from little haycorns grow.
Re:eaten carrots
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2004, 14:21:05 »
I know how you feel - I recently acquired 2 lovely labradors from the Dogs Trust.  Rescued the poor creatures from a life of breeding in a puppy farm.  And how do they repay me?? They ate all my raspberries, redcurrants and strawberries... little sods.  
"It is awfully hard to be b-b-brave," said Piglet, "when you are only a Very Small Animal."

feet of clay

• Half Acre
  • I love Allotments4All
Re:eaten carrots
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2004, 16:19:39 »
I had a fruit-eating collie.  If he wasn't eating it off the bushes, he was helping himself to bunches of (bought) grapes.  One of my current dogs is fussy even down to the brand of dog biscuits and won't touch dog chocolate.  All my dogs are 'rescues' so you'd think they'd be glad of anything but not this guy.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal