Author Topic: MOTHERS DAY  (Read 1448 times)

betula

• Hectare
MOTHERS DAY
« on: February 22, 2008, 18:25:57 »
I want to plant up a big pot for the patio for mum and I am not particularly artistic.Has anyone got some good combination ideas. :)

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
Re: MOTHERS DAY
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 20:06:12 »
Until last year I always only put annuals in pots. Then I heard someone say how great some perennials were. Perennials are an improvement since you don't have to redo the whole shebang, maybe just tuck in some annuals for a somewhat different mix each year.  I try for something low and cascading, something tall and spikey-leafed, something medium height and bushy. Often something burgundy-leafed or silvery-leafed looks great with the greenery to relieve monotony.  Just make sure they have the same water and light requirements.

Will it be full sun?

The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 20:27:57 »
I think hellebors  with spring bulbs can look lovely. You could mix in some pansies & when it's over just put it out of the way until next year.
Janet.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 20:39:06 »
Until last year I always only put annuals in pots. Then I heard someone say how great some perennials were. Perennials are an improvement since you don't have to redo the whole shebang, maybe just tuck in some annuals for a somewhat different mix each year.  I try for something low and cascading, something tall and spikey-leafed, something medium height and bushy. Often something burgundy-leafed or silvery-leafed looks great with the greenery to relieve monotony.  Just make sure they have the same water and light requirements.

Will it be full sun? 
Yes it will be in the full sun.A lovely bright sunny patio.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal