Author Topic: I never noticed before  (Read 1127 times)

ACE

• Hectare
I never noticed before
« on: February 16, 2008, 11:21:07 »
That all women are naturally argumentative. I must have just had another cigarette and shrugged it off. But since giving up smoking I have noticed it a lot more, especially the OH.

morton

• Half Acre
Re: I never noticed before
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 11:26:44 »
You must have led a very sheltered life then ACE if you have only just found that out.

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 12:42:33 »
And how do you know when a woman is losing an argument?

She just says  "Oohh Shut UP!"
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 16:00:36 »
Women NEVER lose an argument.......they just let you THINK you have won :P ;D
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 17:23:33 »
And we all know that man's place is in the wrong!!

It does get easier ACE, come April this year it will be 21 years since I gave up.

I was lucky I had a friend at work who came each day to take the money off me I would have spent on fags, and put it in a savings account for me.  She wouldn't take no for an answer - as she said 'you'd have found it for a packet of fags, so you can find it for me now'.

At that time it was only £1.50 a day, but it soon mounted up.  More that £500  year.  That was for 20 B&H a day.  I think nowadays it would be nearer £5.00 a day, which would be getting on for £2,000 a year.

And the moral of this story is that if someone came and dumped £2,000 pounds in notes in front of you, would you get a match and set light to it.  Because that is exactly what you are doing now.  Think of the holidays, etc you could use that money for.

Also, don't be tempted when you are out for a drink with the 'one won't hurt'.  It will.  One will lead to two, and before you know where you are you'll be back where you started, and all that pain will have been for nothing.  And that is the voice of experience, having previously given up for as long as 18 months, and even four years.

I'm sorry if this has sounded like a lecture, but it was meant to encourage you.  It's hard, but I as said, it does get easier.  Stick with it.

valmarg

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 19:32:28 »
Hey ACE!......new man, new sweet-smelling breath,   new assertiveness....now tell her what you REALLY think abt the chandeliers....go on, I DARE you....... ;D

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2008, 20:42:26 »
Yea, like his got the bottle.  ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2008, 20:57:28 »
 8) C-K....like, ACE man, in your newly re-born non-nicotinefugged-brain reasonable way......just  say, softly and gently but with that hint of manly steel in yer voice, OK?, that you REEEELY,REEEELY don't like them bl**din chandeliers & they're goin.....OK?

There'll be no probs, honest  8)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008, 11:56:45 »
Well done Ace, life  and health will be much better now you don't smoke, but more important, you have finally almost realised about  women, may I just educate you a wee  bit more. We don't argue actually, we simply say it the way it is, it is the men that argue by doubting the facts. You will get it soon sweetie as the brain clears more.

KT. The" shut up "is to help,and is a sign of love, it is kinder to say "shut up "rather than the truth which would be "you don't know what you are talking about"

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2008, 20:37:37 »

KT. The" shut up "is to help,and is a sign of love, it is kinder to say "shut up "rather than the truth which would be "you don't know what you are talking about"

XX Jeannine
Is that  on one of them rare occasions we can actually get a word in. ::)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal