Author Topic: A few Bidens Seeds anyone?  (Read 1296 times)

floraldi

• Half Acre
A few Bidens Seeds anyone?
« on: February 14, 2008, 18:39:50 »
I just need a few Bidens seeds and in return I could send Squash or Green beans or various lettuce and  salad seeds (all viable). They have Bidens in the T & M  catalogue but the postage in £1.99 which seems ridiculous for one packet of seeds. Please let me know.

Does anyone know if there is a shorter version of Bidens. I'm sure I came across it somewhere but can't remember where.

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
Re: A few Bidens Seeds anyone?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 22:37:45 »
Afraid i am showing complete ignorance, what are Bidens  ???

floraldi

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 17:18:31 »
Sorry Suzanne, I always assume that most gardeners are familiar with common hanging basket plants.  Of course, on here, I should realise that most members grow vegetables.  Bidens are often included in those huge baskets the local councils do to hang in town centres and shopping areas.
I have all the seeds I need for this years baskets and tubs but wanted to add Bidens this year.  The only edible things I grow are tomatoes, chillis, peppers and some lettuce. Looks like I will have to buy some. I did look in Wilkinsons but they didn't have them this year. 

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 18:09:44 »
hiya, florald, how many do you need, I have some golden eye I could let you have a few of if it helps, pm your address if you would like them  :)

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 21:42:04 »
Thanks for the esxplanation. I shall have to pay more attention to ornamentals.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal