Author Topic: 4 on Demand question  (Read 1965 times)

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
4 on Demand question
« on: February 13, 2008, 21:31:40 »
I installed this a few days ago - no probs. Great, it is 8) I used a hotmail addy as my registration address. Just today I've received a mail (purportedly) from 4oD which Hotmail have flagged as "may be dangerous" and the text content has been blocked for my "safety". The subject line says "Your Guide to 4oD Part 1 of 3:Getting started."

Anyone else had this? I can't see that there's anything more to know, since I've been using it happily for a few days now, but I'm curious....but not curious enough to unblock the message :)

Palustris

• Hectare
Re: 4 on Demand question
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 12:26:44 »
It is all to do with volume. Because an organisation like Channel 4 send of 1,000s of emails the Hotmail server thinks it is a Spam site. So it blocks things from it. You need to add the 4od site to the list of allowed email senders.
Gardening is the great leveller.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 20:26:03 »
hmmm...thanks E....still strange tho..after I'd registered with them I had the usual confirmation email....dunno why they'd want to mail me again & why this time it was blocked. Still haven't accessed the content, tho, because it hasn't come as an attachment, spect it'd be OK?

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 20:30:17 »
hotmail is constantly blocking emails that I get like my gas bill and bank statement notification. I just check that it's from someone I'd reasonable expect might possibly maybe be mailing me then add it to safe contacts. No problems so far.

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 21:40:45 »
You should be able to download it and then have you Virus checker look at it before you open it. Though I think Hotmail does that anyway.
Gardening is the great leveller.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal