Author Topic: Seeds of Italy - Delivery Delays ?  (Read 1156 times)

mikey

• Acre
  • Head Gardener
Seeds of Italy - Delivery Delays ?
« on: January 27, 2008, 11:41:49 »
sorry if this is wrong place to post, but am following the lead of the HSL 'Saga'

My SoI order was placed (via their website) on 15 January, no delivery as yet  :(

Is anyone else waiting ? .... maybe I am just too impatient  ;)
North Willingham, Lincolnshire (20 miles North East of Lincoln)  HASL: 55m

natasha

• Half Acre
Re: Seeds of Italy - Delivery Delays ?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 21:57:57 »
I just contacted a nursery I ordered some stuff from (not SoI), my order was placed on 12th of October, also delivery delay. ???

Rob08

• Acre
    • One Voice in Cyberspace
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 22:02:45 »
I placed an order with Seeds of Italy in early January and it arrived within two weeks - slow for the UK but at least it got here.

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 22:07:13 »
I got a letter from HMRC on 14th January, dated 17th December. You can see why it's called snail mail.

alienwithaview

• Quarter Acre
  • Lou the cat and young thrush, now happily grown up
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 18:10:59 »
I placed an order with Thompson & Morgan beginning of January, and the stuff arrived today! I was already mental with impatience, and my partner was really mad. When he rang them to enquire about our stuff they were quite rude, and I don't think we'll be using them again, despite their very nice range of exotic spuds. It wouldn't have been so bad, but they took the money the same day I placed the order, and I didn't feel that having to wait for over 5 weeks was very fair. There are other companies (even in the UK) who dispatch the same day they take your money...
SoI took a fortnight to deliver back in January, and Marshalls delivered within 4 days (all orders were roughly the same value), so it can be done!

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2008, 19:28:36 »
I've ordered from Robinson's, POD and Real Seeds recently, and got everything in a couple of days. I wonder why some are taking so long.

Phil

• Not So New ...
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 13:33:43 »
My Seeds of Italy order arrived a couple of days ago - I had been waiting a couple of weeks.

I don't buy from Thompson and Morgan any more after they messed me around.

As usual my orders from Organic Gardening Catalogue, Realseeds.co.uk and Edwin Tucker were dispatched within days of order.  I am still waiting for my onion sets though - maybe the rumours are correct and there is going to be an onion shortage this year?

valentinelow

• Quarter Acre
    • 'One Man And His Dig' blog
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 15:33:15 »
My one small contribution is to say that when I had a delay with Tuckers last year, they were very helpful and polite when I rang up to find out what was going on. A potentially angry customer was turned into a perfectly satisfied one, in the space of just a few minutes.

Real Seeds were very quick in filling my order this year.

bupster

• Hectare
    • Plot Holes
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 17:22:29 »
I thought there was always a delay with spuds and onions, as they don't send them out till they're closer to being ready to plant?
For myself I am an optimist - it does not seem to be much use being anything else.

http://www.plotholes.blogspot.com

Barnowl

• Hectare
  • getting back to my roots [SW London]
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2008, 10:30:57 »
T&M sent two of onions varieties in January but not the third (Red Baron), so I e-mailed asking when I could expect them and got a slightly curt response - "March - like it says in the catalogue"  :D

I checked and the other two said "Jan-Apr" but the Red Baron was "Mid March" .

actiongran

• Not So New ...
  • Actiongran
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2008, 21:02:14 »
Hi all, im still quite new to this site and lovin it. everyone is so friendly and helpful.
 I just had to join this thread becos I cant believe that you can all afford to send away for so many seeds n stuff. I have ordered from Real seeds last year and found them cheap, efficient, quick and loads of advice sheets given with the order on seedsaving. but mostly we buy locally from the Trading Hut at the local Allotment & Garden Association. They supply seeds from Kings, loads of seed pots in bulk to sell in small amounts, seed swaps, loose onion sets and tons of useful stuff like bulk compost and 'perlka'. Its run twice a week by volunteers and I guess we're really lucky.
 nice to be joining in. :D

Eristic

• Hectare
  • NW London (Brent)
    • Down the Plot
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2008, 22:19:19 »
One or two people on the forum have a serious medical problem called seed addiction. Never mind the cost, they have to buy at any price. They are the gardners you might see skulking round the allotment in their hoodie disguise so nobody knows they have 40 types of tomato. :o

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2008, 22:42:39 »
We have one of those trading huts as well ActionGran... but as Eristic says some of us just can't help ourselves...
Sorry for the Hi-Jack Mikey....
 :-X

Barnowl

• Hectare
  • getting back to my roots [SW London]
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2008, 11:32:14 »
First of twelve steps: My name is Barnowl and I'm a seed addict ..... :-[

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
  • Dark Side Of The Rhubarb
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2008, 12:14:04 »
I've just put in a second order with SoI - the confirmation email says that they're very busy. First order arrived no probs

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal