Author Topic: Dear old dog  (Read 3240 times)

tilts

• Acre
  • Boom Boom boom Boom Esso blue!
Dear old dog
« on: February 13, 2008, 03:47:02 »
I can't sleep, last night we had to have Mead, our old black labrador put to sleep, only a year ago we lost his cousin.
I have posted pictures of him on here, he was wonderful, so stoic and such a friend.
I can't really say much more, we are going to miss him.
Tread softly or you'll tread on my dreams.....Yeats

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
Re: Dear old dog
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 08:02:46 »
So sorry to hear your sad news Tilts. The one consolation we have is that our pets don't have to suffer unnecessarily when the end is inevitable.
Think about the good times with your old friend.
Smile, it confuses people.

sarah

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 08:49:08 »
I'm sorry too. its a hard time for you and you have our love and thoughts.  :-*

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 11:08:24 »
Of all the joys of having a dog, there is always this sad part. Taking on a pet means also that the chances are we will out-live them. It's something we all know will come about but put at the back of our minds.
 I've had to go through this more than once, and it's a hell of a time. These days we do at least have the possibility of catching them on film or video to remind us of how much they were part of us.
 My current pal will be 10 years old this year and I know time is running out. We do lots of things together and I know she has/is having as good a life as I can make it. I spend a fair amount of time 'alone' these days and when she goes I don't know how my life will change, but change it certainly will.
 We can only look at how we have enjoyed our chosen friends for the time they were part of our lives.
 Sad news, Tilts. I know how you feel. I look forward to seeing pictures of your pal on here.
Ken.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 11:51:07 »
It is such a sad time.We are only blessed with our loyal friends for such a short time.Hope you find comfort in all your happy memories of your time together.

greenscrump

• Acre
  • Rye, East Sussex
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 20:20:16 »
I'm so sorry to hear your news Tilts.  It's heart breaking to lose a friend.  Mead is well and whole and happy where he is. I'm sure of it.  Take good care

Yvonne

angle shades

• Hectare
  • Lincoln,Lincolnshire
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 20:25:33 »
thinking of you tilts/ shades x
grow your own way

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008, 20:48:08 »
Bless your hearty Tilts, it is not easy and many of us can relate to what you are feeling.I am so glad you popped on here in the middle of the night  though, there is a strong bond among us here I think , try and take heart from the fact that there are many folks out there wishing you peace.

Hugs, XX Jeannine XX
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 08:44:09 »
Tilts, I am very sorry to hear the sad news about Mead.   It's heartbreaking when we lose our dearly loved pets. 

I am thinking of you and may you begin to remember just the happy times that you spent together.

Sending cyber hugs,
Pauline  x

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 00:40:09 »
(((((hugs))))))

Star xx
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

tilts

• Acre
  • Boom Boom boom Boom Esso blue!
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2008, 16:23:34 »
Thank you to you all for your words.  I keep having moments when i feel utterly consumed with sadness then i try and think of happier moments and thank god, there were loads. 
We are left with a pregnant labrador (due end of March) and two springers, one black, one liver (he has a tormented mind) ~ Spring is always in the air with them!
But none of them can take the place of Mead.
Tread softly or you'll tread on my dreams.....Yeats

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2008, 16:44:01 »
You are right none will take the place of Mead nor should they, but the sweet memory that will stay will become stronger and the sadness will diminish in time.

You have to love an animal and be loved by it to grieve this way, you are so lucky, there are so many folks that don't bond with a dog like that, it is hard to deal with loss, but the bond is so special.

If I look back over my sixty odd years, I have felt this sadness several times ,two I remember particularly, I grieved so badly that my family were worried about me, but I healed and have glorious memories that don't hurt anymore and stories to tell that make me smile.

Hang in there, I will be thinking of you and looking forward to news of the babies soon.

With Love XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal