Author Topic: drip irrigation system  (Read 2634 times)

tartonterro

• Acre
drip irrigation system
« on: January 27, 2008, 10:32:13 »
needing some help - trying to construct my own drip irrigation system - now ive seen somewhere an attachment you can punch into any plastic container to use it as a water container - but cant seem to find it anywhere on the net - can anyone point me in the right direction

davee52uk

• Acre
Re: drip irrigation system
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 18:50:44 »
There was one a few days agon www.makezine.com Having said this when I tried to find it again, I couldn't.

Basically they made pinholes on pop (soda) plastic bottle and put a cotton rag inside to saok up some of the water and relieve the pressure. They then buried the bottle in the ground to trickle feed. Obviously they had to top up the bottle every few days.

tartonterro

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 19:47:02 »
was more thinking along the lines of a micro irrigation system - rather than mains or water butt run system - something run off a 5 gallon drum or something

Hot House

• Quarter Acre
  • Enjoying life
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 22:24:25 »
I got a micro system out of are local No Frills/Focus last year worked good for a while then the drippers started clogging upwitgh algea. It has a filter, the butts are filled from the GH roof and tap (as I'm still to put the gutting on the shed) so not sure if its mucky water or the slow drip rate that allows the algea to from, thinking of upgrading the pipe to half inch see if that makes a diff this yr.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal