Author Topic: uses for polystyrene  (Read 2348 times)

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
uses for polystyrene
« on: March 16, 2008, 20:07:38 »
apart from putting it in buckets in place of 'crocks', we had 2 trays from the fridge and cooker..this is what we did with one of them, suspended from the crop bars in the poly, hopefully, unless they've got parachutes, my toms, peppers and cucumbers will be safe from slugs and snails  ;D

debster

• Hectare
Re: uses for polystyrene
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 20:08:40 »
and they will all be snuggly and warm too

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 20:14:36 »
apart from putting it in buckets in place of 'crocks', we had 2 trays from the fridge and cooker..this is what we did with one of them, suspended from the crop bars in the poly, hopefully, unless they've got parachutes, my toms, peppers and cucumbers will be safe from slugs and snails  ;D

Oh dear, they just love it when you dare 'em you know.   ::)  ;)  ;D

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

manicscousers

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 20:16:38 »
yep, I'm waiting to see how inventive they are  ;D

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 10:28:06 »
Very good, Manic's....I do a bit of rope-work and knotting and thought I knew most knots...but by heck...that one on the end of the wire is a newby to me.......... :D

manicscousers

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 14:51:09 »
one of Ray's, kk..a double handed thingy  ;D

aromatic

• Half Acre
  • Lavender flowers yield abundant nectar
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 15:19:03 »
 ;D  Read somewhere that the thinner pieces of polystyrene are very useful to put behind your greenhouse benches and then when winter begins to rear its cold and frosty head you only have to bubblewrap/line the top half of your greenhouse where you have the benches placed instead of having to line behind the benches has well. I think that sounds a brilliant idea which I am going to try this winter... was one hell of a job getting the lining right behind the benches last winter and to be honest did not really make a very good job of things!!!  I think you can purchase the polstyrene from most diy stores if you do not manage to obtain any surplus packaging pieces before next winter......
I have to say I am a bit of a novice regarding greenhouse methods and would appreciate any tips regarding lining greenhouses..... my attempt this year is not something I am very proud of!!!

God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done.  ~Author Unknown

Love aromatic xxx

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal