Author Topic: New baby on the block!  (Read 2351 times)

Toots

• Quarter Acre
  • I love Allotments4All
New baby on the block!
« on: July 26, 2004, 08:26:02 »
One of our many wild pheasants has brought her new youngster to feed in the garden!

Been away on holiday for 2 weeks and just restarted feeding again,delighted to see the wee one!

Had seen one weeks ago with mum when tiny,but not since and worried if fox or cat or spawkie had got it.

At least this one now old enough to survive and follow mum!

We have about 14 usually,some 2-3 males and 10-12 females,with a dominant male taking over at breeding time. ;D

Gardengirl

• Hectare
Re:New baby on the block!
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2004, 09:18:45 »
How great Toots to have pheasants visiting your garden - really envious, they are such lovely birds. Any chance of a piccie :)
Happy gardening all...........Pat

Toots

• Quarter Acre
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2004, 21:51:17 »
Hi Pat,will try to get a shot.The mum and daughter were there this morning at about 6 am,so will see if out again tomorrow before I go to work and try to get a photo.Will need OH to help re getting it on-line as I am duff at these things but will try.Toots ::)

Toots

• Quarter Acre
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2004, 11:05:48 »

Hi Pat,here is the best photo,the others were through the window and a bit blurred.

Sadly the netting in the back is the piggy run for our fostered guinea pig which just died last night at the grand old age of 9 or 10.She enjoyed her outings in the run till the day before she died.The pheasants took her as part of the scenery!

Mum P is usually with the male or another female.Chick tags along,running like mad when separated!

Toots :D

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2004, 15:08:11 »
Lovely photo Toots - thanks for that :)

So sorry about the guinea pig, but that was a pretty good age for one wasn't it.
Happy gardening all...........Pat

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal