Author Topic: Can See The Light!  (Read 785 times)

Producer

• Quarter Acre
Can See The Light!
« on: January 27, 2008, 20:30:10 »
Well I joined this site the other week and made a post introducing myself and outlining that Id got a plot in Nov 07 which is just an overgrown mess with loads of litter and glass and rubble!  Found this site really useful, as well as a couple of books I bought off amazon.

Anyway, seen a bit of light at the end of the tunnel today!  All I did was hammer in some long wooden steaks and mark the boundaries with string, but it at least gave me some perception of a potential working allotment.  Ive planned the design in my head now.  Not going to bother with raised beds as such, but will still use long compartmentalised strips, just with no wood siding.  Instead Ill dig a bit of a trench round them and raise them naturally.

Think Ill add a few more wodden posts and string to finish of the boundries - at moment there are a number of plots around me which are all just as bad as mine! It was an area of the site which had not been used for years.

Anyway, can anyone suggest a method for planning an allotment other than drawing, any tools on the net you can use to do it to scale?

Cheers!!!

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
Re: Can See The Light!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 20:36:17 »
I find excel is great, i amended a spreadsheet so that each square represented 1ft by 1ft

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal