Author Topic: george and morris  (Read 1468 times)

Tohellwithweeds

• Half Acre
george and morris
« on: January 20, 2008, 19:00:46 »
well i feel really awful George and Morris have been having little tiffs but yesterday they had a major fall out i split them up and they seem OK after a while then today they were at it again but really badly and i tried to stop them but they kept on at each other so i asked the chap next door to help me  :'( :'( i must say he did it very humanely and even though i knew he was going to do it i still cried i had tried every thing to re home them even rang local farms so i am now down to two hens but i still feel bad my hubby keeps saying its for the best but it doesn't make me feel any better
Link To My Pictures
http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii229/ToHellWithWeeds/?mediafilter=images

jonny211

• Acre
Re: george and morris
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 09:58:25 »
Hmmm.... did you ask for cockerals when you bought these chickens? Sounds like being sold two cockerals together if you only wanted hens for eggs/breeding is a bit out of order. I gather they're pretty hard to rehome as there's usually plenty of spare males, and one of the responsibilities of breeding animals is despatching the unwanted ones in the kindest way.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 10:02:22 by jonny211 »

Thegoodlife

• Half Acre
Re: george and morris
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 21:49:48 »
They are fighting for the right to be top thingy (excuse the pun) you will need to get rid of one or seperate as they will fight till the death brothers or not. i will give one a good home but it depends on how far you are
today i will be growin veg!!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal