Author Topic: Woolworth-half price walk in GH  (Read 1851 times)

lottieowner

• Not So New ...
Woolworth-half price walk in GH
« on: January 19, 2008, 23:15:03 »
Woolies-selling plastic walk in Gh -half price-from £56 to 29.Bought one today

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
Re: Woolworth-half price walk in GH
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 23:26:36 »
Cor, going to look tomorrow .....are they open on Sundays I wonder?.
Thanks lottieowner.
Smile, it confuses people.

Pesky Wabbit

• Hectare
  • Where's my(palm oil free)KRAFT choclit Easter Egg?
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 00:15:39 »
Is that the kind that's made of lots of 20mm steel tubing with a thin transparent plastic cover ?

I had one of those, slightest puff of wind and the thing was half way down the road. There's very little to anchor them to the ground and its a lot of sail for very little weight.

Eventually weighed mine down with floor boards and bricks, but then the plastic just ripped and the plastic joiners for the steel tubing just broke.

Mine was a gift. Good job. I wouldn't buy another - better to put the money towards a glass greenhouse.

Magnolia

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 02:39:07 »
Well I bought one and have it well tethered to a wall.  Pretty darn pleased with it.  It's fab.

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 04:09:58 »
Use tent pegs to hold the bottom down :)

There are various hooks on the cover thread some cord though these hoops and secure this seperartly so if the cover is blown off its thedered.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 20:38:45 »
I bought two of these from LIDL last spring.  €30 each for 1.4m x 1.4m.  They wer brilliant till the gales we had before Xmas.  One is now half height and the other has been reconstructed from the joints we salvaged.  Both had ripped covers.   Now we have another lot of hooligan force gales and the reconstructed one is in pieces. 

They were tied down, roped down a,d sheltered by a hedge and a fence and the compost bins and have a railway sleeper wall that comes up to half their height so not completely exposed.

I'm back to saving for the real thing.
Obxx - Vendée France

Greenfingers Jo

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 13:11:32 »
Magnolia,

I had one of these. It did last for two summers. Mine had holes in the bottom steel poles that you can push a tent peg through to secure it. I did put the skirt of the cover on the grass and put lots of small stones around it. I then screened it with outside tomatoes to diffuse the wind energy. You'll have to be very good at getting out when its windy to shut it and  put stones or planks over the skirts.

Mine only gave out when i couldn't be bothered. Could have kicked myself!!
Good luck, mine gave me a glut of toms
Jo

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal