Author Topic: Digi Tweak these. (Finished?)  (Read 2451 times)

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
Digi Tweak these. (Finished?)
« on: January 24, 2008, 15:03:38 »
This was going to ther vote but I think we'll put up all those submitted for people to have a go at Digi-Tweaking.
Copy a pic - Tweak it - re-post it here.

Ken.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 10:44:38 by kenkew »

ducksfeet

• Not So New ...
  • Quack!
Tweak 01
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 16:49:23 »

springbok

• Hectare
Re: Digi Tweak these
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 17:44:34 »

ducksfeet

• Not So New ...
  • Quack!
Ooo Tweakey!
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 22:19:56 »
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 22:22:10 by ducksfeet »

ducksfeet

• Not So New ...
  • Quack!
Commeth The Hour Commeth The Tweak
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 22:43:13 »

springbok

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 11:56:52 »

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 20:21:47 »
I'm happy this didn't go to the vote, it would have been difficult to choose a winner when you look at the different end results. I think these efforts were very good. I especially like......whoops...better not say.
 Actually I think those having a go all deserve a prize. Now, what did I get lots of for Christmas, again!
 Thanks. Do we do this again?
Ken.

calendula

• Hectare
  • learn to love your weeds (saddleworth)
    • homeopathy
Re: Digi Tweak these. (Finished?)
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 22:25:47 »
I thought they were all hysterically funny and I think some credit should also go to you who picked the pics to tweak in the first place - would love to see more

ducksfeet

• Not So New ...
  • Quack!
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 12:26:56 »
I'd like to see more people joining in on all the photo related stuff. Ken I know you must have your hands full, but do you think more interest would be generated if everything was done on a 7 day window? 7 days to post, 7 days to votes etc, and then maybe stagger 2 comps / events so effectively you never have to wait more than 7 days for something to vote on.

Cheers

DF

tilts

• Acre
  • Boom Boom boom Boom Esso blue!
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 12:52:58 »
Well done to you for being so creative!
Tread softly or you'll tread on my dreams.....Yeats

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008, 13:11:43 »
I'd like to see more people joining in on all the photo related stuff. Ken I know you must have your hands full, but do you think more interest would be generated if everything was done on a 7 day window? 7 days to post, 7 days to votes etc, and then maybe stagger 2 comps / events so effectively you never have to wait more than 7 days for something to vote on.

Cheers

DF

I try to always have at least one vote running and also at least one request for submissions. A 7 day dead line is a little difficult to stick rigidly to as some people are only able to access a 'puter at work or only on certain days.
 As we move towards better weather (!) some of the flower contests will run for 2 weeks as this has to include a reasonable period for people in different parts of the country to compete. ie: Starting in February, the first two weeks will be early Feb flowers and the second two weeks for the later ones.
 If this is well supported it should continue right through the season. The categories todate have not been quite so much garden/allotment related due to me not being involved until late October last year.
 'General' pic's will still be requested but as time goes on, more requests for home grown things will be more requested.
 There's a plan in the pipeline to also ask for pic's of flowers/veg etc without a contest base but with a particular 'item' requested.
 Thanks for the feed back, DF; much appreciated and any other ideas will certainly be be 'put in the book'.
Ken.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal