Author Topic: One ripe blackcurrant  (Read 1506 times)

Multiveg

• Hectare
  • Oops, been gone a while, but still allotmenting.
    • Forum
One ripe blackcurrant
« on: July 07, 2004, 19:46:27 »
It suddenly struck me as odd, that about a month ago, just as the raspberries were ripening and there were ripe redcurrants, that there was just one, solitary ripe blackcurrant. The rest, now, are starting to ripen. My hubby had eaten the blackcurrant, and has nothing bad to say about it.
Allotment Blog - http://multiveg.wordpress.com/
Musings of a letter writer, stamp user and occasional Postcrosser - http://correspondencefan.blogspot.co.uk/

adrianhumph

• Acre
  • Camberley, Surrey.
Re:One ripe blackcurrant
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2004, 09:04:19 »
Hi Multiveg, :D
                    I took over my allotment in April & was pleased to find various fruit bushes, 2 of which turned out to be blackcurrants, my wife & i have just picked over 7lbs in one go  ;D with more to come, not bad from 2 bushes. Any body got any blackcurrant recipes ???
                    Adrian.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2004, 12:35:28 »
Blackcurrants are devine!  I adore the smell from the leaves, stems and fruit and if I can stop myself from eating them straight from the bushes, I tend to make blackcurrant jelly as number one daugher loves it.  Also love them with apple in pies or crumbles.  Lucky you!  :P

allotment_chick

• Hectare
  • comfrey is cool....
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2004, 09:52:40 »
My blackcurrant cake recipe is in the 'Recipes' section - we like it!

I have no blackcurants this year - the wind knocked the whole lot off..    :'(
AC
Guardian of around 2,950 sq ft of the planet Earth

carloso

• Acre
  • sprouts gimmie wind
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2004, 19:50:09 »
ok i dont have much this yr on my allotment but i do have red currents little red ones in millions all over the bush !!
Hres my thing when are they ready ???
when is that best time to pick em before mr bird gets them all (he is actually helping himself to the ones he can reach through the net !!

carl
another member of i forgot my password

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal