Author Topic: greenhouse ???  (Read 1723 times)

Tohellwithweeds

• Half Acre
greenhouse ???
« on: January 11, 2008, 14:52:15 »
i ma going to glaze the greenhouse this weekend and just wanted to know what sort of cleaner i should use??is it that jeyes fliud stuff or will hot soapy water do???
Link To My Pictures
http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii229/ToHellWithWeeds/?mediafilter=images

Barnowl

• Hectare
  • getting back to my roots [SW London]
Re: greenhouse ???
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 16:18:34 »
My GH is wood and glass. I usually brush down with a stiff brush, then  spray with armillatox (diluted as per instructions) and let dry off.

Looking at the question again, I just realised this is your first season, so you're not trying to get rid of nesting spider mites/ any other diseases that might have developed, just need the glass & wood to be clean in the conventional sense.   I would use either window cleaning spray or washing up liquid with vinegar added.

Use disinfectant next time :)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 16:24:37 by Barnowl »

Tohellwithweeds

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 17:49:32 »
thankyou barn owl i used both hot soapy water and Jaye's fluid and washed the glass bit by bit god my back hurts and i dint even get it all done so still have some to do tomorrow but the best bit is that my hubby bless him laid the base today and my greenhouse is almost ready to go when i put the glass in so I'm a happy bunny tonight
Link To My Pictures
http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii229/ToHellWithWeeds/?mediafilter=images

calendula

• Hectare
  • learn to love your weeds (saddleworth)
    • homeopathy
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 18:57:21 »
look after your spiders, they are good friends  ;D as might be the odd hiding frog or toad (as in my g/h) so be careful about the harshness of cleaning products - I'd go for the water only option

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal