Author Topic: Password and AOL  (Read 1305 times)

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
Password and AOL
« on: January 05, 2008, 19:26:18 »
Been having probs with AOL 'not responding' for a while so I thought I'd sort it. Followed all instuctions -defrag,etc. and when I tried to sign on again the password prompt came up...but no little box to put it in! Contacted AOL help on line through IE, was told it is a generic problem with AOL software !!!
I was given loads of quick fixes to follow which I did, but things seem worse now. ie. stuff wont load and it's all very slow. Really don't know what to do next. Does anyone have a clue or is it a case for Brian the Brain? (local marvel).
Smile, it confuses people.

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
Re: Password and AOL
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 23:28:24 »
Thanks Tom, had tried that and it didn't work!.......but turned it all off, had a snooze and decided to have another go. I changed the user name to my daughters (next on the drop down) and hey presto the password box appeared so I was able to change back to my user name and the box stayed there. Back working now, but oh so slow. Don't know whether it's this pc or AOL to blame. Looking at Dells now, and thinking about changing internet provider too, but they all seem much of a muchness.
Smile, it confuses people.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal