Author Topic: got my chickens  (Read 1595 times)

Tohellwithweeds

• Half Acre
got my chickens
« on: December 22, 2007, 19:24:40 »
At last Ive got my chickens and they aren't what i thought they would look like but it was dark and i only had the car head lights to see them  :) :) one of them is quiet big and i thought silkies were small?? and they don't look like the pictures Ive seen  :-\ :-\

i cant wait till morning to go and see them with the camera so i can show you all my new babies. i made them some warm layers mash and gave them water and put them to bed  :D :D

ooooooooh is it morning yet
Link To My Pictures
http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii229/ToHellWithWeeds/?mediafilter=images

teresa

• Hectare
  • Happy gardening
Re: got my chickens
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 12:33:15 »
congrats on the new arrivals, how are they doing.
Silkies are so funny very cheeky great fun for children more fluff than feathers. I would say silkies more like small hens bamtums are smaller I just have a few hatched from eggs. They dont cope well with rain so need to be able to keep dry ( more fluff than feather) not great eggs layers but they do pack a small egg full of goodness.
good luck with them

Lost in France

• Not So New ...
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 21:35:01 »
Well congratulations on your new silkies! They're gorgeous birds and you'll love them. Mine lay well and surprisingly don't mind the weather. They stay out in the rain but it does make them look very scruffy as their little topknots droop when wet and their leg feathers don't cope well with mud! I love them...they're gentle, chatty and soooo cuddly!

Good luck!

Judi

SueSteve

• Acre
  • 08/07/07
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 07:34:52 »
Congratulations on getting the girls.
How are they now are they settling in?
Have you taken photos yet?
Sue
Lottie at Upton St Leonards, Gloucester
Lottie owner since 11th April 2007.
Still in the plot   36 Leeks, 1x rows parsnips, 2x  rows chard, psb, broccoli, 5 rows garlic, 1 row swede, lots of onions - started in rows, but the birds had them and now they are random!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal