Author Topic: Persian Cats  (Read 2077 times)

borderbabe

• Not So New ...
Persian Cats
« on: January 03, 2008, 13:50:08 »
I have two cats - a Persian and a moggy.  Every now and again "Madam" aka Mindy the Persian decides not to go to her litter tray and has picked on an area in front of a radiator!  Result is a nasty stain on the carpet despite me trying everything on the per shop shelf to get rid of it!  Anyone got anyother ideas??  I've managed to get of any smell by spraying with surgical spirit but cant shift the stain - and its a wool carpet that cost me an aboslute bomb!!
Hands off our Lotties!

grotbag

• Hectare
  • granddaughter(miya) in Christchurch,Dorset
Re: Persian Cats
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 20:42:22 »
hi,i dont know if this will actually clean the carpet,but the best stuff to stop cats peeing in same place (in our opinion)  is "Urine off ". http://www.urine-off.com/

gunnerbee

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 19:26:26 »
or you could leave some citrus fruits scattered about the place she goes, cats hate oranges and lemons, cut them in half and leave them in a bowl or plate nearby.

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 00:55:32 »
I have a problem with this too B Babe, its very offensive to us humanoids. Though my girlie doesnt smell, to me, but does to the other cat. Thanks for posting.

It may be worth investing in this product grotbag, thank you for the link.
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 01:17:37 »
She won't walk on slightly crumpled aluminium foil as I put it in my indoor plants, but if on the floor she may find anothe spot, another idea is to put her food dish there for a week ot two. XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 01:42:35 »
White vinegar allow to soak in then dab it (scrubbing makes it worse) should remove the worst of the stain then once dried either repeat or wash with hair shampoo to get the rest out. Vinegar smell goes within a day or so.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal