Author Topic: Buying Raspberry Canes  (Read 8394 times)

Weed-Digga

• Half Acre
  • Slough, BERKS
Re: Buying Raspberry Canes
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2008, 20:31:16 »
Anyone know anything about Black Raspberries (or Pinkcurrants) Bought 2 of each from Ebay. Prob should have found out first, but a bit prone to doing things farse about ace!!
If it's Rosie's allotment - how come Muggins here does so much digging?

Jon Munday

• Quarter Acre
    • Fruit Nursery
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2008, 20:44:00 »
I have no experience of these at all, be interested to know how they perform though,
Jon

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2008, 21:24:29 »
Hi Jon, just adding myself to the support Jon fanclub ;D ;D.

Its wonderful to have experts on here, and I do love your site too. As soon as I have some cash to spare I will get a cordon apple or two..... ;)

Ollie......you offered help with mortgages? Can you pay mine, then I can get a couple of apple tweez  8) ;D
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

Jon Munday

• Quarter Acre
    • Fruit Nursery
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2008, 22:08:15 »
Thanks Star
He can pay mine off too if he likes
Jon

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2008, 09:22:48 »
Ollie......you offered help with mortgages? Can you pay mine, then I can get a couple of apple tweez  8) ;D

No problem at all!

Well, sadly, no, I just find you the best mortgage, you have to pay it yourself... well, you wouldn't expect Jon to come round and pick your apples for you, would you?!?!

Jon Munday

• Quarter Acre
    • Fruit Nursery
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2008, 10:29:23 »
lol
Jon

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2008, 12:01:11 »
Anyone know anything about Black Raspberries (or Pinkcurrants) Bought 2 of each from Ebay. Prob should have found out first, but a bit prone to doing things farse about ace!!

The terminology in England must be very different. Black rasp. here are huge thorny brambles with fruits bigger and seedier than red rasp. and fruit later.  Great for pie, jam and wine and blocking out deer.  But currants are small smooth berries. On some sites it looks like they are calling a Gooseberry a currant, and that doesn't seem correct at all. We have one gooseberry (Pixwell) with slightly striped green berries turning slight pink and beloved by birds. Makes an aromatic jam when I can get at them first. I've always thought Gooseberries were an English invention.
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal