Author Topic: cabbage whites  (Read 1398 times)

gruesome

• Quarter Acre
cabbage whites
« on: January 26, 2008, 10:45:55 »
hi all, cant believe my purple sprouting has been attacked already by cabbage white caterpillars. Are they this years or remains from last year? they are without doubt cabbage whites and look fat n full. Well not any longer  I spent a few minutes squashing them all. Happy gardening.
Insanity takes it's toll....................please have the correct change.

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!

Thegoodlife

• Half Acre
Re: cabbage whites
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 20:37:32 »
A good cure for any pest is the good old rhubarb leaves ,get a water but and put the leaves in with the water leave for a week give it a good stir leave for a couple of days then water the plants with it, white fly hate it Caterpillar hate & it deters butterfly's and moths, carrot root fly hate The smell too.

The leaves of the rhubarb are toxic & give off a bit of a whiff to passing pest. don't worry though it is safe as the toxins break down after 24hrs but the magic whiff still lingers.

i did an experiment last year with my cabbage & yep you guessed it the half i did not water with the magic mix got eaten & what a white fly infestation i had, ended up pulling up all the plants.
Even the pesky wasp which until now had no use on this planet what so ever!! but they do the eat greenfly!.
today i will be growin veg!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal