Author Topic: Campanulas for Campanula  (Read 2166 times)

Palustris

• Hectare
Campanulas for Campanula
« on: July 05, 2004, 21:55:46 »

A selection of the Rock garden Campanulas flowering a present. The annoyingthing is that the really dark blue one C. pulla has finished. Ah well, these are not too bad.
Gardening is the great leveller.

Plocket

• Hectare
  • Clematis Crystal Fountain
    • Plocket's Clematis Site
Re:Campanulas for Campanula
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2004, 09:05:48 »
They are really sweet Palustris - but what have you used as the background - a barbeque? I've never grown campanulas myself, although my grandmother loved them. She had them indoors if I remember correctly.
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2004, 23:04:06 »
They are lovely Eric.   Something quite special about a blue flower.  My mum loves them and has a couple which seed all over.  I try to grow them but the snugs eat them like caviar so I never have any joy!

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2004, 09:21:16 »
Lovely Eric, I love campanulas - we have three of those varieties, the large blue and white and a small rock campanula, a beautiful carpet of blue.
Happy gardening all...........Pat

campanula

• Hectare
  • double digging dudette
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2004, 20:43:00 »
aaaaah! my faves!
gorgeous campanulas, i cannot get enough of them. i grow tiny fairy thimbles (c.cochlearifolia??), harebells, c.rotundifolia, also c.pulla, c.pocharskysomething and c.portenschlagia - names!!!, c.trachelium, c.persicifolia, c.latifolia, c.latiloba, c.macrantha and finally, good old canterbury bells, My favourites are the harebells and fairy thimbles.
thank you for the pics. whats is that in the background?
cheers, suzy

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2004, 20:49:52 »
The flowers were posted through the bars of one of those plant trays they use in Garden Centres which was sat on the sand of the plunge bed in the Alpine house. I did not put names on, out of laziness. By the way I hope the seeds arrived safely last month.
Gardening is the great leveller.

campanula

• Hectare
  • double digging dudette
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2004, 21:30:57 »
shame on me for not thanking you - indeed, the hepatica seeds are in my coldframe, in 5inch pots - no sign of germination yet but i knoe that they can take a LONG time. so, many many thanks, eric - will let you know of progress.
cheers, suzy

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal