Author Topic: Where can I get an original Garden Claw  (Read 8010 times)

cacran

• Hectare
Where can I get an original Garden Claw
« on: December 09, 2007, 17:25:29 »
I had a cheap version of the garden claw that was not robust enough. I really want to buy the proper version of one as I am sure it would be stronger. I can't seem to find any, anywhere. Can anyone help?

artichoke

• Hectare
Re: Where can I get an original Garden Claw
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 19:00:13 »
What exactly is a garden claw?

I have two things that I call Claws from Outer Space, one for each allotment. I crouch down and scrabble at weeds between leeks, psb, whatever. I wouldn't be without them. But they may not be what you mean?

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 01:14:42 »
There is an original 'Garden Claw Gold' on ebay but it is in the US, it would cost around £31.25 including postage (based on the cheaper 6-10 day delivery option). It's not cheap but it is the adjustable height version which seems to get better reviews.
I think the official UK distributer is H Burden Limited if thats any help.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GARDEN-CLAW-GOLD-CULTIVATER-GARDEN-WEASEL-NEW_W0QQitemZ160134227810QQihZ006QQcategoryZ29516QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Rob the rake

• Half Acre
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 09:30:22 »
They're murder on your wrists, Cacran. Great for turning compost in dalek style bins though! :)

Rob.

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 10:24:26 »
One of the more 'mature' gents down our lotties uses one all the time, he storms along his plot at a great rate! ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

cacran

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2007, 22:26:27 »
Thanks for your replies. The one on e bay is like the one I had and it kept breaking, not robust enough. The proper one from US is what I want. I have never bought direct from another country and am not sure about buying that way. If I cannot manage to get one here, I will have to, I guess. :)

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2007, 02:47:36 »
I regularly buy things from other countries basically you just treat it like any other internet purchase, check out the company before ordering to make sure they are not in the habit of ripping people off, in the case of ebay read through the feedback, make sure you use a secure payment method etc...
The only difficulty is the value of items. You are allowed to buy goods up to £18 in value tax free but if they are worth more than that you have to pay Duty (if applicable) and/or VAT & you get stuck with an admin fee of £13.50 on top of that.
For low cost items (under £18) everything goes smoothly but for higher value items it takes longer to sort everything out & you have to factor in all the additional costs.

cacran

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2007, 09:02:21 »
Thanks Baccyman. I think I will try to get one here first as it will be more than £18 value I think and will get muddled, knowing me. Have a great Christmas.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal