Author Topic: Goings on in Sittingbourne.  (Read 7333 times)

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
Re: Goings on in Sittingbourne.
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2007, 17:21:04 »
Thanks Mal, will do.
Smile, it confuses people.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2007, 17:24:54 »
Hi again Emaggie. I think SB is correct, my son has a workshop down a side road and recently there was a burglary in the flats which are just past his workshop. The Police actually came to my son and said they had noticed he had cameras would he be kind enough to see if there was anything on there to help them, his cameras are there for 2 reasons to see who is entering his workshop and also what vehicles are travelling along the little road (block end).

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2007, 17:58:33 »
Hmmmm, will visit this weekend hopefully and look into it. Philip is adamant that he would be in breach of the data protection act. Perhaps if I get info from local police that will convince him to get it changed.

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2007, 18:15:08 »
Emaggie, most of the basic things you need to know about running cctv can be found here (including the data protection act) http://www.cctv-data-protection.info/

This is not my company but some helpful advice.  It appears one must be registered somewhere to run the cctv and use it publicly (and for evidence) but ..... if our company's anything to go by, having an installer come along and set up just one camera probably wouldn't work out too expensive - but that's just guesswork on my part.   

I do know that for every system we install, we are required by law to send off a certificate of compliance for each customer.  The customer also keeps a copy. 

Just a thought, but have they thought about putting up three or four dummy cameras as a deterrant?

I didn't get to speak to my boss today but I will still ask for details when I speak to him tomorrow.

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2007, 19:16:31 »
Many thanks SB. All printed off and ready to refer to. Just what we needed.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2007, 19:53:42 »
E Maggie get in touch with  the local ASBO contact in your area and ask for their advice,they can be very helpful and may even know of the troubles in your area and even the  local nasties. I work with them on a few things and have heard them many times say in meetings, contact us when something is going on. They have loads of valuable info. Good luck, it is very mean and hopefully they will get tired and give up after a bit, that is apparently quite common. Hugs to the rellies XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

SnooziSuzi

• Acre
  • ~ Su in Durham~
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2007, 22:12:12 »
Hi Emaggie,  Haven't been on this site for a while so have only just looked at your thread.

THis is terrible!  >:( 

I found out that my daughters friends were hanging out of her bedroom window and yelling abuse at an older neighbour (when I wasn't around  >:() but moving her bedroom from the front of the house to the smallest room at the back of the house has put a stop to this!   

I was mortified and couldn't believe that my little angel was in some way responsible for this.  I'd have had her up in front of a judge if it would have taught her a valuable life lesson....  Shame a lot of parents aren't this bothered though :(
SnooziSuzi
Acting my shoe size, not my age!

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2007, 20:24:51 »
Thanks again all you lovely folk for your good wishes and information.
Today I have spoken to just about everyone! Police say they sent someone along to see the rellys so that is the end of that as far as they are concerned. No they didn't apparently, no contact for ages so another call tomorrow ::) BUT... the local council were most helpful although they wont put a fence up because they have no money, the ASBO dept. were brilliant, promising to call tomorrow with a view to sorting out some kind of surveillance etc. I'm keeping everything crossed that they do as they say they will. Philip is not so confident anything will happen, he has resigned himself to the fact that that is their lot in life and put up with it they must.   :(

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2007, 14:59:06 »
I haven't forgotten, Emaggie, I'm just not at work today  :)

(ps got any local hells angels bars/hangouts in your area?  ;D ;))

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2007, 15:45:50 »
Sam what you like, good luck Mags.  >:(     ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2007, 16:24:29 »
Stick with the ASBO team, I have never been able to fault them and the ones I work with with are very dedicated. Good Luck XX Jeannie
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2007, 16:40:39 »
Big result last evening and today apparently  :D
Asbo officer and also police have visited and, joy of joys, a police officer is going to sort out their cc tv for them. The police told my husband (Bearded Wonder)-I was out- that they have been working away at the problem, but it seems they have not been communicating with the rellys!!
Hopefully, if that is the case, it will change now.
I can't thank you enough for your help everyone.

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2007, 17:24:21 »
This is great news.  We'll watch this space for more news! (Emaggie, I don't want to see leaked cctv footage on youtube of you chasing someone across the park with your gardening tools ...... )

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2007, 18:16:44 »
Got a bro redesigning the rotorvator he's lending me as we speak SB  ;D ;D
(Think Boadicca..hehe)

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2007, 18:25:12 »
yeah, result...as long as they've got you watching them, they won't dare do nothing  :o ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal