Author Topic: security worries  (Read 1036 times)

paulg

• Not So New ...
security worries
« on: November 20, 2007, 22:28:48 »
Does anyone know what security, if any, a site is legally entitled to. My site is owned by a local charity but has no boundary fence or any security of any kind. Most of the sheds there are open with nothing in them and there are no greenhouses. Is it worth me raising the possibilty of a secure fence around the site.
any and all advise gratefully received.

Paul

Andy H

• Hectare
Re: security worries
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 22:40:37 »
we had problems as the fence was poor and the bank had built up so much from the graveyard that you could virtually walk over the fence.

I think complaints were made and the council put up a new fence, too low again but cleared the "bank" and planted blackthorn all along it

The blackthorn is currently in a survival battle with the bindweed!

Worth asking

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 12:43:18 »
we had to go for a grant to get our fence, ours was open to the public and rugby crowd, drunks from the club and we had greenhouses and a polytunnel affected by thrown stuff..if you have an association, they can apply for lots of grants, hope this helps  :)

paulg

• Not So New ...
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 19:39:42 »
Thanks for that i will speak to the guy who gave me the plot and find out if there is an association before i do anything else.

Paul

dtw

• Hectare
  • What grows, You decide!
    • Classic & Cheesy TV adverts and other funny stuff
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007, 17:59:43 »
Maybe a fence wasn't put up before because the risk of vandalism/thieving was low.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal