Author Topic: tools  (Read 792 times)

tartonterro

• Acre
tools
« on: November 15, 2007, 14:23:30 »
looking for a bit of help sourcing tools, namely hoe. rakes and the like.
ive seen all different types in the shops but would rather have a wooden handle than the metal/plastic ones that are in my price range - wooden handled tools are just far to expensive for me right now.
does anyone know any where other than ebay i can buy the heads and i will fit them to my own shaft, basic wooden shaft from local post office is only a £1 or 2 at most.
does anyone in or around edinburgh know of any shows/hardware stores that stock them - there used to be a shop out in uphall station near edinburgh where you could get nearly anything you thought you might need as far as hardware and spares for the likes of parafin heaters etc - but saddly to say they shut down several years ago and i havent been able to source another shop like it
any hits or help would be great

thanks
Robert

sarah

• Hectare
Re: tools
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 15:06:58 »
i have found the best places to get old tools (i.e wooden handled) is car boot sales and freecycle.  non gardeners inherit shedsful of old tools and sell them dirt cheap. most of my tools are old and reliable and cost around a pound or two each.

flowerofshona2007

• Hectare
  • Flowerofshona
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 15:18:35 »
Yep i agree and you can paint them really bright colours so impossible to sell if stolen  ;D

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 15:47:33 »
I used to live in Penicuik and there used to be a good hardware store but I don't know if they had what you're looking for. That was 8 years ago it might not be there anymore look in the phone book and if they're still there phone them first.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal