Author Topic: I couldn't believe it!  (Read 5129 times)

tilts

• Acre
  • Boom Boom boom Boom Esso blue!
I couldn't believe it!
« on: October 04, 2007, 11:50:57 »
I couldn’t believe my eyes yesterday, my folks live in a sleepy seaside hollow and I arrived to find my mum wheel barrowing compost in from the garden of the house next door…… the old lady had died last year and the house has since been rented ~ it had been raided by the Police ~ it was being used as a Cannabis Factory!
I went round and had a look; all the rooms apart from the kitchen, downstairs loo and lounge had been set up for a hydroponics unit.  There was compost in pots, spent compost neatly stacked in wardrobes, a range of fertilizers, lighting systems, extractor fans in the ceilings (about a foot in diameter) going into the loft, wiring from the loft, lights by the dozen….and only one room with mattresses being used to house the illegal immigrants who had only been seen once or twice.  The neighbours are dumbfounded; this street is full of retired folk who live quietly by the sea.  During the summer we wondered why they never opened their curtains, and jokes were made accordingly.  How did they get all that equipment into the house without being seen or heard… ?  Honestly you wouldn’t believe it, the blighters.
Have a word with your local cop shop there might be the chance of compost by the tons in your home town. 
Tread softly or you'll tread on my dreams.....Yeats

cacran

• Hectare
Re: I couldn't believe it!
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 11:55:31 »
I have ceased to be amazed at anything, these days. Bit of excitement though!!

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 12:19:47 »
I had that happen in NZ when I was a teenager. I arrived home from school (we lived in an isolated place with just a few neighbours) to find police everywhere. It turned out a bunch of australians who had been renting a cottage nearby had been growing cannabis in the forest up in the branches of trees!
Up in the branches of tree's is actually quite common because of all the forest available.

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 12:24:06 »
One of these indoor gardens in Staines caught fire a couple of years ago due to dodgy wiring. Apparently it smelt like a student's bedroom! I thought they mostly used rockwool instead of compost.

I have an old hydroponics light, given to me by a friend. It's 650 Watts. I've never actually used it, but has anyone on here tried Hydroponics for legal purposes? I guess it's probably about 50p a day, so you'd need a lot of veggies to justify the leccie bill. It would be cool to have home grown toms at Christmas.

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 18:46:53 »
There was a (true)case, many years ago in a sleepy town near Cork in Ireland, where some young lads grew cannabis plants in among Petunias in flower barrels and window boxes in the Garda car park. They would tend them ever day, watering and checking them.

The Garda were impressed that the youths were doing something positive and constructive for their community, and always chatted to the lads complimenting them on the lovely show of plants, even bringing them juice and letting them get water for their watering can! ;D 8)
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

powerspade

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 20:51:19 »
My next door used to keep pigeons at the top of his garden. He gave me all his bird poo about 3 sack per week. This I barrowed down to my plot and put onto my compost heap. During the summer these strange beautiful plants began to grow. They look so nice that I left them alone to see if they would flower.That was until I was told by my lottie butty that I had cannabis growing on my compost heap and that I could get done for growing it. So I chopped it down straight away. Where did it come from? yep from the pigeon feed. It seems that hemp seed is part of a pigeons feeding seeds

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 21:23:06 »
I dont think hemp is illegal to grow, I think the difference between hemp and cannabis is.......

Hemp has 5 leaflets and broadish

Cannabis has 7 leaflets and much narrower.

I am making a guess at this as I have never grown either or used any. I have been known to wear hemp though ;)

But if Im wrong.....someone will correct me im sure ;D
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

legendaryone

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 11:41:48 »
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 11:50:34 by legendaryone »
All those who believe in Telekinesis, Raise my hand.

flowerlady

• Hectare
  • "Tug-o-Weeed!"
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2007, 12:32:53 »
 :o Shades of "Saving Grace" ::) ... brilliantly funny film ;D
To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven: a time to be born and time to die: a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted.     Ecclesiastes, 3:1-2

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
  • Dark Side Of The Rhubarb
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2007, 12:53:07 »
hadn't realised that there was a botanical difference - tho hemp could still have some active ingredients. It's being grown in the UK to make extra strong plastics by mixing in the fibres , like Bakelite had horsehair mixed in.

I used to be able to get heated propagators, and hydroponic kits if I wanted, from a friend in the police, but they stopped doing that when they twigged that the same stuff kept getting seized over and over

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2007, 13:22:08 »
OH uses hemp for fishing !! we saw a whole bank of it in the eden project and a display showing it,s uses
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

artichoke

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2007, 17:29:38 »
My understanding is that all Cannabis species are identical in appearance (there are, of course, male and female plants with different flowers). The number of leaflets depends on the maturity of the plant, not on whether it is grown for drugs or for fibre.

I went into this in some detail when I was commissioned to illustrate Cannabis for a Saudi Arabian textbook. Obviously I had some trouble finding plants to illustrate, but I was eventually successful.

Different varieties of Cannabis have been bred to lean towards supplying drugs, or towards supplying fibre without the drug element, but the botanical differences are slight or invisible.

When I needed plants for illustration, I was often advised to buy bird seed and germinate and grow the Cannabis element that all bird seed apparently includes. The problem was (as always in plant illustration) that there was no time to do this; the illustrations were neded yesterday.

I made a nuisance of myself in local pubs, and eventually a whisper was given, and a plant handed over.

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2007, 18:10:20 »
Which pub was this artichoke????  :o

tilts

• Acre
  • Boom Boom boom Boom Esso blue!
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2007, 22:56:44 »
I think it was the one at the bottom of my parents street.
Tread softly or you'll tread on my dreams.....Yeats

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2007, 01:02:27 »
Wouldn't it be funny if the compost was made purely of the Cannabis plant waste. Wonder if it will make you veg any bigger.... ;D ;D ;D
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

debjay

• Half Acre
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2007, 08:05:24 »
Wouldn't it be funny if the compost was made purely of the Cannabis plant waste. Wonder if it will make you veg any bigger.... ;D ;D ;D
IT MIGHT GROW HIGHER ::) ;D ;D

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2007, 14:21:27 »
You'd have be really careful where you had a bonfire too.........or the whole site would be in fits of giggles........ ;D :o
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal